R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography

Like Tree86Likes

Old 11-30-2015, 09:49 AM   #151
ASM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBM View Post
Just the protoform bodies. .... they look much like touring car bodies. I fear they will ruin the class.
I run a McAlister Daytona Prototype Vette...looks unlike all of the blob cars on the track.
We can be our own worst enemy. You know the saying about supply and demand.....so we have to do away with the demand. Many racers requested the Caddy....hence, you have a demand and now a supplier.

I do agree with your opinion. It's nice to have a real visual distinction between the classes.

2016 & 2017 ROAR Region 4 VTA Champion
USVTA Member #116
ASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:09 AM   #152
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I have a McAllister Cougar body that I have been considering mounting backwards on my car just to show that aero isn't that big of a factor in slower cars on smaller tracks. What has kept me from doing so is the concern that a mashal might put me back on the track going the "right" direction, but that it would be backwards on my backwards-mounted car.

USVTA member #111
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:21 AM   #153
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

While Protoform 1/10 scale bodies tend be more performance based, you can't really complain about their new Cadillac body. It does a good job representing the real car.

If a particular body has too much of an advantage in USGT, just make it illegal locally or nationally. However, I think the rules in USGT have shown that it is more about the setup and driver than having to run a specific "special" body.

I think it is important for local racers to encourage a wide variety of bodies in classes like USGT. I would also challenge the best drivers to run the "worst" handling bodies during club racing so that it shows everyone running the class that setup is more important than a body shell. I would also encourage the best drivers to paint their bodies such that they appear like a real track car.

The point of classes like USGT shouldn't be touring car lite, but a way to appeal to a broader audience and show we are racing cars.
Old 11-30-2015, 10:54 AM   #154
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBM View Post
Just the protoform bodies. .... they look much like touring car bodies. I fear they will ruin the class.
I run a McAlister Daytona Prototype Vette...looks unlike all of the blob cars on the track.
DBM;

Ahhhh nuts! Someone has finally figured out my dark and nefarious motives....to ultimately destroy my favorite class in RC racing: USGT. I'm a closet masochist.

I guess it must take a Canadian to really understand a fellow Canadian.

But alas....my mission is still not complete. There will be more blob bodies to come from Protoform in the future. Only Agent 007 could possibly foil my plan.

Dale - Protoform
Old 11-30-2015, 01:11 PM   #155
Tech Master

Dale an Aston Martin would be wicked....Hint Hint...
Old 11-30-2015, 02:11 PM   #156
Tech Elite

I think that I have an unpainted 190mm Proline Aston Martin at home.

USVTA member #111
Old 11-30-2015, 02:13 PM   #157
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Funny I saw the bond reference and immediately thought damn I hope PF comes out with a new DB7!
Old 11-30-2015, 02:13 PM   #158
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I heard that there was a guy running a non blob body that did pretty good at Cleveland. Almost TQ'd in fact..............
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
dumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 02:16 PM   #159
Tech Elite

i wonder if there are any pictures?
al dente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 08:47 PM   #160
Tech Elite

Not like anyone asked me, but I thought I'd share my $0.02 worth.
Rob has very specifically left the body rules very open. Basically, if it isn't on the T2 list, is not a truck, a school bus, or a prototype (with the exception of the McAllister Corvette DP), then it's legal. Also, I get the impression that Rob is just a little stubborn. I don't see him jumping on the bandwagon to change any rules. I expect his response would be "do whatever you want locally".

USVTA member #111
Old 12-01-2015, 07:42 AM   #161
Tech Master

Most of the guys in the A main had absolutely beautiful paint jobs on their cars. It was cool to be a part of.
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
Old 12-01-2015, 07:46 AM   #162
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumper View Post
Most of the guys in the A main had absolutely beautiful paint jobs on their cars. It was cool to be a part of.
There was that one guy with the pink car though.....
Rick Vessell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:09 AM   #163
Tech Master

He tried to look good. The flames were a nice touch.
Old 12-01-2015, 12:12 PM   #164
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumper View Post
He tried to look good. The flames were a nice touch.
Don't worry, you saw mine too, looked like a smurf puked all over a perfectly nice white body!
Leeman#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 03:24 PM   #165
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Maybe looking to get my feet wet in USGT. Are GT One bodies allowed. Something like such:
Attached Thumbnails
USGT Body Pics and Paint Discussion.-image639.jpg  
swerv512 is offline   Reply With Quote