Paint removal help

Old 05-24-2012, 01:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Paint removal help

So a few days ago I tried to paint a body I got. The paints I use are the Pactra spray cans. I was using a purple color and I started to spray the body with it. It came out pink and white. Not even a hint of purple. (It was a brand new can I bought from the local hobby shop) This is one of the most annoying things that can happen cause if you cant fix the body you just lost money in it.

So in trying to salvage it I ran into a little problem. I got alot of the paint off by letting it sit in brake fluid for 2 days but theres still an issue. There is a lot of spots with some sort of white film that wont come off. It wont come off with paint thinner, brake fluid, or scrubbing it with steel wool. What can I do to get it off so I dont have to get another body?
Old 05-24-2012, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zlash03 View Post
So a few days ago I tried to paint a body I got. The paints I use are the Pactra spray cans. I was using a purple color and I started to spray the body with it. It came out pink and white. Not even a hint of purple. (It was a brand new can I bought from the local hobby shop) This is one of the most annoying things that can happen cause if you cant fix the body you just lost money in it.

So in trying to salvage it I ran into a little problem. I got alot of the paint off by letting it sit in brake fluid for 2 days but theres still an issue. There is a lot of spots with some sort of white film that wont come off. It wont come off with paint thinner, brake fluid, or scrubbing it with steel wool. What can I do to get it off so I dont have to get another body?
If its the foggy looking spots. They will disapear when the paint hits the body.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Yeah it does sorta look like foggy spots. Like I said some of it I can scrape off with the steel wool or my finger nail. Does that change anything or should it still just dissapear when I re-paint it?