Paint Spots

Old 03-25-2012, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Exclamation Paint Spots

Hey guys I dont know why but everytime i paint my bright colors i get these spots in the paint. Im using the parma waterbased paints and i always wash the bodies out well. Also using a water seperator from the compressor as well. Heres a pic of what im talking about, any suggestions?

Old 03-25-2012, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

First, you are not thinning the fluorescent paint. If you are, stop.
Second, your first pass or two have to be very light and then dried. Build the film gradually.
Third, you are not using any kind of oil, wax, or silicone product in your airbrush cleaning or lubing.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

First, you are not thinning the fluorescent paint. If you are, stop. No
Second, your first pass or two have to be very light and then dried. Build the film gradually. I will try to go lighter
Third, you are not using any kind of oil, wax, or silicone product in your airbrush cleaning or lubing. No
Old 03-25-2012, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

That only happens to me when I lay the coats on to wet. First 3 or 4 coats have to be very light/dry inorder to avoid that from happening.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I did that just today...but it can be fixed to where it can't be seen. Let it dry and mist all the layers after. I think that mistake is know as "fisheyes". For me they should call it "lackofpatience dots".
Old 03-25-2012, 08:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

+1 on that. I know there are a few house hold things that cause it for me only because i paint in my bathroom huge paint booth with a vent lol but i can cook anything oily before i paint because it will cause all sorts of fish eyes. i switched to a different detergent one with out moisturizer too and Windex the body before i liquid mask it that helps
Old 03-26-2012, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spdrac430
i switched to a different detergent one with out moisturizer too
+100 I had mad fish eye issues, then I realized the wife bought dish soap with some hand junk in it.

Also, anything with silicone will do that to paint. In some cases if you've sprayed anything with silicone in it in the same general area it will linger in there for up to a week. In automotive body shops it can wreck an entire paint job if someone even pulls a car with Armor-All on the tires close to the paint booth.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Ive gotten fish eyes when putting pearls and florescent paints on too thick to start. When putting lighter coats down, no issues. Like Sk3tch said, just let it dry good and mist a few more layers before laying your backer and youll never see them (benefit to painting inside of body instead of outside). If you dont let it dry good enough though it will just cause more fish eyes.