Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
quick question regarding striping along windows >

quick question regarding striping along windows

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

quick question regarding striping along windows

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 06:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Questions?? quick question regarding striping along windows

please excuse the forthcoming nOOb question.

do you guys just use a paint marker to do these? and do you do them on the inside of the body? do you just pretty much trace the scoring line in the body of the window with the marker?

i want to do the stripe on my bulldog body, just like the one below, but instead of yellow, i'll be using black. (my body is painted solid fluorescent pink)

Old 02-19-2012, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I can pretty much guarantee that's a painted on line inside the shell by airbrush or spray can...not marker.

Take the window masks that comes with the body and apply it where it is supposed to go. Then take an Xacto knife and cut a parallel line on the inside of the mask and peel thin thin line (or what would look like trim) away- and spray it the color you want.

Does that make sense?
Old 02-19-2012, 10:12 PM
Tech Regular

thanks sk3tch. it does make sense, the crappy thing is, i already tossed the window masks.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:23 AM
Tech Adept

One tip on using black for the window trim is that it will not be that noticible against the dark windows. I have tried it in the past and always regretted using black. Typically a lighter color looks best on the windows to contrast the darker color of the clear window.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by beedee
thanks sk3tch. it does make sense, the crappy thing is, i already tossed the window masks.
Done this myself and then thought wish i had done a window border, so just using thin tape mask the lines and window infill and paint away then back it and peel the tape out and your good to go.

In regards to black I have also added another colour inside the black to high light the black being there because it can get lost in the windows sometimes, so maybe try a two border window trim, looks awsome when finished.

Good Luck.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:06 PM
Tech Regular

thanks for the tips and pointers fellas. i think i'll go for silver, it should look good, ties in with the metallic in the b4.1 decals im using.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by beedee
thanks for the tips and pointers fellas. i think i'll go for silver, it should look good, ties in with the metallic in the b4.1 decals im using.
Tell me what the body number is? I might have some already made if interested. I have a few Bulldog templates, just matnot be for this one. Every body I paint I make a file of the window masks for I can cut again later.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:23 AM
Tech Adept

I use black window trims a fair bit and quite like the low key look but I also think white works really well as a trim.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bfutura15
Tell me what the body number is? I might have some already made if interested. I have a few Bulldog templates, just matnot be for this one. Every body I paint I make a file of the window masks for I can cut again later.
pm sent!