Community
Wiki Posts
Search

where to get paint masks???

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 07:33 AM
Tech Regular

Default where to get paint masks???

i am going to be painting my first body soon and i would like to paint it a real theme with something such as fox racing or metal mulisha or monster or something along those lines. where can i find masks to paint a design such as those?
Old 09-15-2011, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

They're not commercially available. The ones you see most painters using are done with vinyl cutters.

There are a couple of guys on here selling masks. Look in the buy/sell/trade section.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I cut custom masks, logos, graphics, logos etc... $12 for a 9x12" sheet, $3 shipping. Been at it for over four years. email [email protected]

Originally Posted by R/C Lidz
They're not commercially available. The ones you see most painters using are done with vinyl cutters.

There are a couple of guys on here selling masks. Look in the buy/sell/trade section.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tw78911sc
I cut custom masks, logos, graphics, logos etc... $12 for a 9x12" sheet, $3 shipping. Been at it for over four years. email [email protected]
Can you pretty much make any design?

I normally cut from liquid mask and images Ive traced to the shell, but sometimes to get that clean look, you just cant compare with a computer. How small can you cut designs?
Old 11-16-2011, 09:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Any lettering/logos and graphics that for the most part lay flat. Some of the buggy stuff has too many complex curves. Shoot me your email and I'll send you some pdf examples.

Tom [email protected]

Originally Posted by ChEmDoCtOr
Can you pretty much make any design?

I normally cut from liquid mask and images Ive traced to the shell, but sometimes to get that clean look, you just cant compare with a computer. How small can you cut designs?
Old 11-16-2011, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

+1 for Tom's stuff. He has them ALL already done. Especially if you are looking for race themed stuff, like NASCAR,etc... his library is deep.

He even custom scaled some to fit a body for me.