paasche help por favor....

Old 10-31-2004, 11:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default paasche help por favor....

ok........ time for me to pipe in.. hope someone can help

been eyeballing a paasche per reading threads...

i just got (to do computer work...as an exchange..). this!!

guy said its all there but he's been out of ab'ing for a long time.

it reads paasche VL.. on the chrome...

and in the box this was in there too..

and a couple of glass cups.. hmm

is everything there? gaaah? i thought i could put it together but somethins not right LOL... i tried and all it does is spit and drip.. hmm... and its got some pieces loose..

anyone wanna put this together for me?

hrmmm.....
Old 11-01-2004, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Maybe this could help you - http://www.paascheairbrush.com/parts...Airbrushes.pdf
Old 11-01-2004, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

EDIT-oops i posted without reading ur post well, so i basically stated what u said, sorry
Old 11-01-2004, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

hmm part 16 under the section a12, that tiiiiny lil piece.. i cant get it back in.. LOL

im determined.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:20 PM
Tech Adept

I have never taken that assembly apart... You might have send it to Paasche?? Do you have all the parts for line adjustment assembly?
Old 11-01-2004, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

do u have a moisture trap on your compressor? if im reading corectly u already put it together but its just not working right? so it could be moisture in there and that isnt good also u said it is dripping idk
Old 11-02-2004, 12:11 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

From the picture it looks the line adjusting nut is already assembled on the ab, did u take it apart? The screw just gets pulled in by the line adjusting nut, keeping it all centered is a bugger I imagine. I have never taken it fully apart.

Looks like ur also missing an aircap. From the picture you have the needle, a tip sitting in the ab body and a #3 tip+aircap body. I haven't tried but it still should work without the aircap. If you are missing the aircap it's not a problem, they are not that expensive.

It's a #3 needle pictured so it would correspond with the hardware that was in the plastic tube. I don't know what kind of tip is in the ab body. I don't think the tips are marked nor are the aircap bodies but the aircaps are marked.

Would you be able to better describe the conditions you are using to spray with the ab? pressure? how and where is it dripping etc? If it's an older brush the airvalve seal may need replacing. You may need to check for air leaks but if it's drawing paint up from the paint cup I don't think that would be the problem.
Old 11-02-2004, 12:14 AM
Tech Adept

I would be willing to put it together for you (and replace any parts that need replacing) if you don't have anyone local to help you with it but the nearest art supply outfit that sells paasche should be able to help you out. I actually have some spare parts for mine sitting around but have a dealer like 10 minutes away that stocks most parts for the VL.

Oh yeah one other thing, there is a cap that goes over the aircap but it's only to protect the needle not to be used for painting. I only mention this because someone else made that mistake first time around.
Old 11-02-2004, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

yes I have a moisture trap =)

thanks guys!! i went to a local shop, and they kinda stared at it, a couple guys walked around the parts, stared at it some more, pulled out another airbrush,

stared at it some more called a manager, stared at it some more... and then said "we don't know..." bwhahahaha.... good local art shop huh.

well....i found someone who's going to put it together for me (or at least try). worst comes to worse, i know have an airbrush for parts.

yea yea.. you say go and just buy a new one i know, its only 50$ on ebay, i know, but they.. 50 is 50, and and... well.... wanna lend me 50$? hahaha.. j/k

its leaking from the tip. maybe it is a seal.. but when everything goes together the top line adjusting spool/nut is very very hard to turn. it sprays but it drips small drops like something is clogged, but im pretty sure its not.

im sending it out today, should come back hopefully by monday.

motors i can rebuild, cars i can build, nitro engines no problem, and a darn airbrush is stumping me. hrmmm..
Old 11-02-2004, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

I have all the parts, aircap everything was just jammed into the #6 cap.

OMG........ I think I got it. Don't have a compressor here at work to test.. but for some reason.. it just all came to me. For some reason... I dunno it just clicked. maybe its the lighting, or the boredom at work to motivate me.

I think the "drip" was coming from part 2 and 1 (on the tip) not sitting properly. It was a bit tweaked... and part 6, the protecting cap had some crap in it.. dunno if that caused the problem but.. hey.. ill find out tonight.

need one last help guys...

page 2, part 33, how far does it screw it? If i screw it all the way in, I can no longer move assembly "7"....

and how do you take out part 3 if needed?

(sorry don't know the actual names of each of the parts)

thanks guys!

Last edited by RCMits; 11-02-2004 at 08:43 AM.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:28 AM
Tech Adept

You can screw in the needle adjusting sleeve (#33) as far as you like as long as the trigger (finger lever) remains free. It compresses the spring and applies tension to the trigger. It has to be screwed in far enough to allow the needle lock nut to tighten all the way. If you can't move the lever (#7) then it's too tight (screwed in beyond the end of the chromed body) or the rocker assembly (#28) has become unseated against the lever and jammed.

The tip (#3) should just come out. It just sits inside the ab body and the aircap body is what holds in place and seals it in place. It should just come out freely or with just a wee bit of wigglin.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

aha! awesome. its all together now..

now the big test comes tonight... when i attach the ancient loud rumbling air compressor to it. if it works, im going to buy a new compressor.. wahoOOOO..

ps. i took the thing completely apart again and put it together .. its easy now.. da heck.. LOL

mahalo.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

wahooooo it works.

my compressor sounds like a heaving dog with a frog snogging a cold.. but it works=)

thanks to alll that helped.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:20 AM
Tech Adept

glad to hear ya got it going!
Old 11-03-2004, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

is the needle supposed to lock in place mine is free i can push and pull it?? is there something that locks it-i just cleaned my brush last night it was pretty dirty and after i put it back together i noticed that.
thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.