Wiki Posts
Search

Monkey Paints

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 12:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Flying Monkey
long enough to not be wet basically...i paint, then hit with hair dryer then move on. Only few min mostly.

That's how normally do things with tape. It just seems like the liquid tears the paint off instead of a clean edge. Maybe I'm not prepping the body enough.

Thanks
Old 08-01-2011, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by souporsalad

That's how normally do things with tape. It just seems like the liquid tears the paint off instead of a clean edge. Maybe I'm not prepping the body enough.

Thanks
pic didnt work. You may be shooting too thick and its only drying on the outside. Only thing I can think of
Old 09-26-2011, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

These are My sons and my VTA cars for the 2011 USVTA Southern Nationals. Sorry not better pics but Was last minute paint jobs before leaving for race. The Camaro won me Concourse in VTA and 2nd Overall Concourse for event. Both all Hand Cut except the "go fast" stickers on Camaro

Old 10-10-2011, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Just a practice body trying some new things

Createx purple, Wicked Fastback green with a haze (that doesnt show well) of key lime in Fastback with Chrome window and grill trim.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

They look great Monkey!!!!
Old 10-15-2011, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mx51
They look great Monkey!!!!
Thank you, Im having alot of fun with it. Even have people coming to me for some custom paint jobs now.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Lighting adds a little yellow tint to the white but it looks even better in person. Was painted similar to a Kustom RC Graphics paint job at the buyers request.

Old 10-26-2011, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Is that "M" on the hood on purpose?
Old 10-26-2011, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 164 (100%+)
Default SC Body

Chris,
That body looks bad a$$. Cant wait to get that baby broke in. lol. Just gotta get a set of bead locks for the truck. Ill be sure to send folks your way. Thanks again for doing this.
Sean
Old 10-27-2011, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sk3tch
Is that "M" on the hood on purpose?
LOL Actually no. I was just playing around with the design when drawing it and didnt even notice it till I took the pictures. Didnt see it when drawn, when cut out or even while painting lol. When I was taking the pictures it caught my eye and i had the "Curious dog" look my wife said cause I cocked my head when I saw it lol

Originally Posted by Budweizer038
Chris,
That body looks bad a$$. Cant wait to get that baby broke in. lol. Just gotta get a set of bead locks for the truck. Ill be sure to send folks your way. Thanks again for doing this.
Sean
Thank you, Im glad you like it. I appreciate you coming to me to paint it for you. I look forward to seeing it mounted up.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:53 AM
Tech Adept

Just stumbled upon this thread but i gotta say man, excellent work, sure wish I have the skill one day to do that. Very nice
Old 10-27-2011, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wrathfull
Just stumbled upon this thread but i gotta say man, excellent work, sure wish I have the skill one day to do that. Very nice
Thank you. Im still learning as I go. There is alot of good info here in the paint section as well as youtube and other sites. I spend ALOT of time reading and watching stuff.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:06 AM
Tech Adept

Thank you. Im still learning as I go. There is alot of good info here in the paint section as well as youtube and other sites. I spend ALOT of time reading and watching stuff.
Yeah i just got into R/C a few weeks ago, I mean really into it, I have had a rustler for years but never done much with it. Anyways I have only painted one body so far, just straight black, hahaha, thats what my son wanted for his sc10, he wanted to call it black venum, and put flame decals on it. But one day i hope to paint some nice bodies. Gratz again on the excellent work.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

the proof is in the pudding my friend.

Your work is nice bro, I cant wait to see whats next!

SUBSCRIBED!
Old 10-27-2011, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 164 (100%+)
Default M

If you look at that "m", it kind of looks like it has wings too. lol . Its a flying M for "Flying Monkey". lol. Kind of a signature maybe. looks great though.

LOL Actually no. I was just playing around with the design when drawing it and didnt even notice it till I took the pictures. Didnt see it when drawn, when cut out or even while painting lol. When I was taking the pictures it caught my eye and i had the "Curious dog" look my wife said cause I cocked my head when I saw it lol

Thank you, Im glad you like it. I appreciate you coming to me to paint it for you. I look forward to seeing it mounted up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.