Best Airbrush Paint

Old 05-16-2011, 09:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Questions?? Best Airbrush Paint

I've seen a thread or two about what the best airbrushes are, but can't find anything on the actual paint...

What is the best airbrush paint for lexan shells and do you thin it?

Last edited by JamminDriver; 05-16-2011 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Misspelling
Old 05-17-2011, 06:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamminDriver
I've seen a thread or two about what the best airbrushes are, but can't find anything on the actual paint...

What is the best airbrush paint for lexan shells and do you thin it?
You have a lot to choose from Kustom Kolor (if you can find some), Faskolor, Pactra, Spaz Stix, Tamiya, Auto Air, and Createx just to name a few. No particular order. I do thin mine. Faskolor and Spaz are ready to spray no thinning needed.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Bfutura15
You have a lot to choose from Kustom Kolor (if you can find some), Faskolor, Pactra, Spaz Stix, Tamiya, Auto Air, and Createx just to name a few. No particular order. I do thin mine. Faskolor and Spaz are ready to spray no thinning needed.
I've used Faskolor and Pactra laquer. I tend to like paints that don't mix with water but I've had trouble with the Pactra drying as it leaves the brush and I literally have strings of paint blowing back in my face...

These are the only two paints available at the LHS...if I'm gonna order online, which of these is your absolute favorite? Does auto air flow real smooth?
Old 05-17-2011, 07:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I use Kustom Kolor, Spaz, and Auto Air for just about everything. I have been buying all the Kustom Kolor I can find. AA is nice paint just need to thin with AA reducer. I also like the AA detail colors. Little to no tip dry and sprays really smooth.