R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography (https://www.rctech.net/forum/painting-designs-graphics-photography-59/)
-   -   Painter's Chat (https://www.rctech.net/forum/painting-designs-graphics-photography/49290-painters-chat.html)

HauntedMyst 09-03-2004 09:32 AM

My name is HauntedMyst. I've been painting for 5 years and I have a masking tape disability. One day I hope not only to be able to lay some masking tape without having it bleed but to also learn to tape convex curves. Until then, I will just have to enjoy using liquid mask for my painting purposes and some purposes for which the product was not expressly implied or intended. My vocation and avocation are the same, animal husbandry. Surprizingly, it involves more candle lights and Barry White music then you would think.

rdub202 09-03-2004 09:34 AM

hey guys whats up my name is ryan im 15 and i live in MI ive been in the hobby for like 3 or 4 yrs now and love it.
ive never really talked to any of you but have read many of your posts. its like i kno u charlie without even knowing u. ur bodies are ridiculously amazing.
i recently found out that one of my friends have an airbrush so im psyched to try it. are there any basic tips i should kno when airbrushing?
i first need to get my cars running with some new electronics before i get new bodies. raving monkey i read ur posts in the 1/12 as well cuz i jus got a carpet knife and an l3 recently.

peace

Pig 09-03-2004 10:08 AM

rdub, read this if you haven't read it already: http://www.rctech.net/articles/paint...ntedmyst.shtml

It's a complete "how to" from Haunted Myst, and will answer all the questions you wanted to know, and will tell you the answers to things you didn't think you needed to know until you read it.

HM, too funny man. :D

charlie_b 09-03-2004 10:30 AM

Thanx for dropping by Dub...you never realize who'r reading till they mention it! You'll see...once your friends find out you have an airbrush..you will have ALL the practice you will need!! LOL

"can you paint me this...can you do this for my GF...if i do your laundry, will you paint this..."

Pig 09-03-2004 10:40 AM

Charlie, speaking of which, I was just asked that same question about 5 min ago from a good friend of mine. He's into medievel armor and whacking another guy with a rattan stick for competition. He's asked me if I could airbrush something on his armor for him (14 guage steel). Any suggestions as to the type of paint? I've already suggested Rustoleum. :D

charlie_b 09-03-2004 11:05 AM

That would work fine. Rustoleum will definitely work! Assuming back then , their armor was all handpainted. If you want to get fancy, i recommend using HOK(House of Kolor} paints and airbrush with their candies. Clear coat them and VOILA..you're the hit of the mid evil age!!!

Im into that kinda stuff..all i have are swords and chainmail....have not gotten to makeing platemail yet. LMK how else i can help ya!

Pig 09-03-2004 11:08 AM

Thanks, I'll try and post pics if/when I do it.

raving-monkey 09-03-2004 11:13 AM

no one in my family is into the medival kinda stuff..but my sister is crazy about LOTR....she actually has one of the swords used by one of the nazgul in the films..she won it at an auction!!!!!! emptied her purse thingy (what ever they want to call them) i dread tot hink how much she payed for it:eek: :eek: :eek:

rdub202 09-03-2004 12:09 PM

Originally posted by charlie_b
Thanx for dropping by Dub...you never realize who'r reading till they mention it! You'll see...once your friends find out you have an airbrush..you will have ALL the practice you will need!! LOL

"can you paint me this...can you do this for my GF...if i do your laundry, will you paint this..."

haha i dont even think my friend uses the airbrush i might just have to take it off her hands :D . i read ur post about the no mask body that sounds crazy.
i also draw a lot. i dont really draw things its more abstract so i want to try and put them into a body.
and thanks pig for that link i think i have read that like 4 times on dif websites and such but it will b nice when i actually start painting-

lmunno 09-03-2004 07:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Charlie_b: This was a great idea! Just want to thank everyone for your concern about Frances. It has weakend a little and slowed to about 4mph, but as we all know hurricanes are truly unpredictable. Here is a recent satellite pic (courtesy NOAA) that shows it's recent size . . . the yellow arrow is where we live. It is forecast to pass to the north of us on Sunday as a Tropical Storm.

If anyone wants to follow the storm and check out the latest satellite pics this is a great site. http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2004/s2306.htm

raving-monkey 09-03-2004 07:57 PM

woah, that does look nasty...you gonna be out of town for the day/weekend? or just gonna hide in the cellar and hope for the best:eek: :weird:

reason the paypal didn't go through-my dad was having problems with the internet and as he clicked pay or what ever his internet disconnected and it hasn't been on since.

the internet guys are going round tomorrow to fix it (they best nto be late or i can't go racing:cry: )

Pig 09-04-2004 09:27 AM

Rav. Monkey, actually, that sounds kinda cool. I'd love to have one of the swords used by the Nazgul. I'm not into wearing that crap, it's just too heavy to run around and try and beat on someone. I just like the historical value of it, the design, and the practicality of it all.

charlie_b 09-04-2004 07:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
these are what i have so far...

lmunno 09-04-2004 09:23 PM

Mike Boylan sent me an e-mail with the link to a web cam he has set up in his backyard to watch how windy it gets during the storm. Thought I would share it with you guys.

http://www.snowbirdnationals.com/hurricane.htm

We've had a few of the outer bands hit us this afternoon and it has been really windy all day. Not looking forward to tomorrow. Don't be surprised if you don't hear from me for a while.

PaintingRoly 09-04-2004 09:45 PM

Lynn same here it's been real windy and stormy all day. I've been working 12 hr + days for the last four days. Its 1am and i'm gonna take a very slow long ride home