Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to Paint videos

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 11:50 AM
Tech Adept

Default How to Paint videos

Would anyone benefit from videos? I can make them from beginner to advanced. I can also show you how to use computer graphics.

Mike
Old 02-28-2011, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I would benifit from them i am just starting out in airbrushing my new airbrush will be here tomorrow....
Old 02-28-2011, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (97%+)

+1 I dont think there can ever be to many how to videos, everytime I watch one I pick up another tip or trick.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Most definitely! Please do.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I would really appreciate some videos on how to airbrush. I just recently picked up an iwata hp-cs and been practicing on clear transparencies.
Maybe some videos on how to properly thin paint and what air pressure to use. Also what razor tip is best for cutting out curved deaigns with liquid mask?
Old 02-28-2011, 01:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by SAGISI
I would really appreciate some videos on how to airbrush. I just recently picked up an iwata hp-cs and been practicing on clear transparencies.
Maybe some videos on how to properly thin paint and what air pressure to use. Also what razor tip is best for cutting out curved deaigns with liquid mask?
I agree on thinning the paint. The more detailed the better. Even if you are a pro at the little steps, from my perspective, seeing them on a video helps a lot even if you do not think it matters. I would watch them for sure.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Tech Adept

I use a computer for all of my graphics. As far as cutting I use a #11 blade in a hobby knife (Exacto style) You might want to try whats called a swivel knife. The blade spins inside the knife. Cutting corners is practice practice practice. If you want to learn how to cut with out cutting the surface I tell my students to put some masking material on a balloon and cut it. If you pop the balloon your cutting to deep. (Really just practice on plastic and just cut as light as possible the balloon thing is real hard to do> I have only been able to do it a few times in the 30+ years painting) Try it though it is good practice.

Thinning depends on the paint you are using and what your spraying. Solids, Pearls, Candies, I mix them all different. Try to stick to the consistency of milk.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

So you want it pretty thin then, milk isnt very thick...Where do you get the #11 blades from?
Old 02-28-2011, 02:14 PM
Tech Adept

Any art supply or sign supply. You can get them at and hobby/craft store to. I buy small amounts when I am desperate at WalMart to.

Mike
Old 02-28-2011, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Sweet man....So whats up with them videos?
Old 02-28-2011, 02:34 PM
Tech Adept

I am going to do one tomorrow I will get it posted ASAP. It will be an advanced paint video but you will get most everything you need for beginning as well. Painting a Pro Line Silverado body for my Short Course trucks.

Mike
Old 02-28-2011, 03:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

A little off topic but I just wanted to share one my first paint jobs that I used some fading. Just finished it this past weekend using Liquid mask, createx and faskolor paint. I shot this at 28 psi with a iwata hp-cs. Having some trouble with the paint flowing consistant and also I get some spidering. Does that mean the paint is to thin?

Last edited by SAGISI; 02-28-2011 at 03:37 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:43 PM
Tech Adept

Whats wrong with it? I think it looks awesome and I have been painting for 30+ years. Great colors, awesome design over all awesome paint job. Can you post me a more detailed photo of what your having trouble with. Some of the things people have when they are learning are, thinning, spraying (over coating), and cleanliness. Some needle sizes wont spray metallics or pearls very easily. You will need a .5 needle/fluid nozzle size to spray these easier. When you spray don't try to coat it in one coat. You can spray it to dry to. Tell me more specific in what troubles your having so I can help you.

Mike
Old 02-28-2011, 03:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 266 (100%+)

Can you show in your video how to make the shadows?
Old 02-28-2011, 03:58 PM
Tech Adept

Sure if you google Mike Royal Airbrush you will find some basic airbrush videos already made. Everything is transferable. There is a lot there you will need to learn. Everyone thinks airbrushing is point and shoot, the brush does all the work. I get questions on airbrush.com like, "What airbrush will I use to make awesome portraits" or the coolest graphics with"

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.