Wiki Posts
Search

Sharpie Art

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Reedy26
Ive got a buddy who is rediculously good at comic book style sketch art. This guy did a complete Hellboy drawing on a coffe table freehand and from memory! Thinking about having him lay down some graphix on the inside of a RC body and then painting behind it. Wonder if the paint will come through the markers though.

Been wanting to do a shell with Japanese style art and then shading with the gun but just haven't had time.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

That yam looked sweet too... Almost as nice as the birds
Old 01-22-2012, 03:58 PM
Tech Initiate

The paint job on the large 5th scale truck body was painted on. The whole design was inspired by the Sharpie Lambo. Vinyl masks were made for most of the art work. From the pics I seen it was done in sections.

I have no affiliation with this person or business. I just think his art work is just plain wicked. One of these days, I will want a conversation piece for my living room and spend the money and be a customer. Until then I have to just wait. If you want to see more pics search for his site, NX Graphics.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

thanks to this thread my brand new F'ed up paint style helped me paint up... one of the most bad ass bodies ive painted yet, minus the fact of some miss coloring due to messed up paint mask... thats a different story to tell
Old 01-23-2012, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

We don't make mistakes we just change our minds. Haha