Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
How to get an autograph on a body. Need Help!! >

How to get an autograph on a body. Need Help!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to get an autograph on a body. Need Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default How to get an autograph on a body. Need Help!!

Hey guys, I recently won tickets off the radio for Mayhem Fest . Not only did I get 2 tickets for the show, I also won 2 for a VIP backstage BBQ with Five Finger Death Punch, and I am entered to win a meet and greet with Korn and Rob Zombie (hell f'ing yea! 105.5 DHA in NJ is the shiznit)

So what I want to do is find some way to have 5FDP autograph a body for me. Now I know I could just be lame and have them sign the outside of one and it would be fine. But then I have to somehow drag the body around with me the whole event, cause they never allow re-entry once you leave. And knowing me at a metal concert, the body won't make it out of the pit alive, lol.

So I am looking to you guys for some guidance. I'm trying to find a way to have them autograph something that I can then transfer to the inside of a body, kinda like how people do comics and internal graphics. This way the signatures would be protected under the paint. First thing to pop into my head was to have them maybe sign the sticky side of clear packaging tape. But that doesn't seem too practical.

Any one have any other ideas? Any one ever tried something like this before? The concert is next Wed, July 28th, so speed is of the essence.
Thanks in advance
Old 07-21-2010, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just have them sign a shirt!

You could then photocopy the shirt sigs onto some paper to be adhered to the inside of the body.

I know you're prolly thinking that's not the same as a real signature glued to the inside of a body...but seems the easiest way.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:54 PM
Tech Master

I think I figured it out laying in bed last night.
Have them sign a piece of white paper with a sharpie. Take that, scan it to a computer, flip the image so the signatures are reversed, and print them out. If possible I would print it out on a masking sheet, and cut them out.

Has anyone tried printing their own designs on masking sheets?
Old 07-22-2010, 02:08 PM
Tech Adept

I'd scan the paper, flip it in Photoshop, stick it to the outside of the body and redraw the signatures with a sharpie from the inside. This way you even get the "sharpie signature" look and can back it with white or any light color you find useful for your design.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

get your autographs on paper then use this....

http://www.shopatron.com/products/pr...9.20001.0.0.0?
Old 07-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bermbuster
get your autographs on paper then use this....

http://www.shopatron.com/products/pr...9.20001.0.0.0?
Oh yea! You sir, are the man I forgot all about that stuff. Any tips to get it to look really clean? Like how close should I cut out the signatures, will the paper go semi-translucent? Do the edges of the paper show up?
I was thinking of backing the signatures with dog-tags or something similar.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

why not have them autograph a clear sticker or vinyl.... than either use the graphics glue for r/c's to stick it to the inside... or stick it to the outside and clear coat over it..... watch the parma clear coat i don't think it's gloss.. test it before using it...
Old 07-23-2010, 05:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Have them sign paper, scan it as a .bmp or .jpeg and have somebody with a vinyl cutter cut the sigs out in vinyl. The could cut it backwards so it could go inside the body.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

bring a hot chick and have them sign her cans win win!