paint type question- enamel?

Old 04-29-2004, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

Default paint type question- enamel?

My friend picked me up some "modelmaster custom spray enamel paint" Will that work for a body? I didn't use it yet, I need a body by sunday, and the only other color I have enough of to do a whole body is pactra flourescent orange. I always wash and scuff the body first, will it work? Can I back the orange with this enamel?
Old 04-29-2004, 09:53 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation

Bro just a suggestion in painting trhe body shell. I tried it once in a dodge stratus body coz i ran out of paint 7. The hobby shop where I usually buy can paints was close by that time so I decided to buy to the local hardware store just to finish the painting that I have started. It just stay good for 1 week then it start flaking/peel-off the worst it destroy your work of art. Bottom line don't mix paints coz different paint manufacturers uses different chemicals/pigments as well as its spherical chemical composition. I hope it helps you dude!..
Old 04-30-2004, 08:17 PM
Tech Regular

Come on guys, anyone know if it will work? the label on the car looks very similar to the pactra ones, I need to know very soon, I need to paint it tonight.
Old 05-03-2004, 12:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default probably not

the stuff that we use for bodies is for polycarbonate only, as it bonds better to the plastic and has some give and flex to it.
the only time i have use enamel paint was for airfix model aircraft, therefore i believe that it wouldn't work unless it was purely for a show body, when if you need it sunday you're going to race and have a few knocks
Old 05-04-2004, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: probably not

Originally posted by sparky123
the stuff that we use for bodies is for polycarbonate only, as it bonds better to the plastic and has some give and flex to it.
the only time i have use enamel paint was for airfix model aircraft, therefore i believe that it wouldn't work unless it was purely for a show body, when if you need it sunday you're going to race and have a few knocks