Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
Anyone care to comment??...trying to improve... >

Anyone care to comment??...trying to improve...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone care to comment??...trying to improve...

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 01:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Anyone care to comment??...trying to improve...

well ive been doing a few bodies here and there and alot of local guys are wanting me to spray some stuff for em....ive only been painting for about 2 months...what can be improved??...any input would be appreciated...thanks...heres one for a local buddy...

Old 02-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I think it looks great! Can you tell me how you made those pink flames with the silver borders?
Old 02-14-2010, 04:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

For only paint for two months it appears you have a pretty good grasp on things.
The little things I see in the photos are thing you will improve on as you get the chance to paint more. Here are a few things I see you can work on.

1) Pin stripes are a little inconsistant. The more you cut the better you will become at getting them even.
2) When doing a symetrical design make sure each side of the design is the same length and appears in the same location on the opposite side of the body.
3) Work on adding drop shadows to your graphics to get more seperation and pop for your design.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:01 PM
Tech Addict

Here is a lid i just did for the state race this weekend...I feel like im really starting to get a grasp on things and get more comfortable with the brush...one question i have though...what type of blade are you guys using??..i see most used the curved exacto and ive been using the straight one...maybe that will help...anyways here it is...experimented with painting the lights and grill...i dont think it looks bad for about my 5th airbrush...

Old 02-18-2010, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Very nice jobs. You are already on the right road!
I use #11 straight blades for cutting.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

This is better. Your pins are still a little inconsistant, but that will come with time. You need to work on the CF as well. It only looks like dots. I would have liked to have seen some shadows on the front, but that should come with time as well. I know I a still getting trying to get a hold of it as well. The grill and headlights looks great. Overall I like it. Keep up the good work.

The blade I use and seems most use is the #11.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:03 AM
Tech Addict

thanks for comments guys...trying to get better everytime...unfortunately the material for the carbon fiber isnt really square more of a diamond thats why they came out like dots...gotta run and get some of the square pattern padding stuff for the kitchen...im using number 11 blades too so i guess im good there...just gotta get better with the cut...im sure with a couple more lids it will feel natural and come easier...
Old 02-20-2010, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Just curious because I'm still learning too.

Are you using liquid mask to cut the graphics into the body?

Seems I'm going to be forced to learn that instead of masking tape/precut vinyl graphics just don't work out too hot and really limit my design work.

Bodies look great! Would just clean up the CF (easy once you get the square stuff); and drop shadows on the first body.

What brush are you using?
Old 03-29-2010, 06:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just ran across this, it's confirmed that your paint makes trucks go faster...

Old 03-31-2010, 09:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

They look really good. I'm about to do my first rattle can job this upcoming week. I have always "accelerated" in the art category so I'm hoping it turns out nicely. My friend has a really nice airbrush he doesn't use and I'm thinking about takin' it off his hands. I hope my first paint jobs look this good lol. Keep it up man.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:36 AM
Tech Addict

thanks andy!!...its crazy to see those first couple bodies and how far ive come in like 2 months...lol...ive been putting out alot of bodies!!...have another one here for hardcastle and 2 for renshaw...but im having fun with it!!...thats what its aboout