Compressor Question

Old 02-09-2010, 07:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Compressor Question

I'm looking at buying an airbrush kit but have a question about the compressor. I currently have a porter cable pancake compressor. Would I be able to use this compressor? The psi can be adjusted from 15-150psi. Or would it be worth buying a compressor made specifically for airbrush? Any info is appreciated.

This is the compressor I have - http://www.cpoworkshop.com/combo_kits/cf6111.htm

Thanks
Old 02-09-2010, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Just about any compressor will work with an airbrush. You will want a decent filter-regulator that allows you fine control of air pressures between 5-40psi. That is where you will spend most of your time. Having a decent water separator is also a must with any paint sprayer setup, unless you live in a true high desert, lowest humidity area.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i wrote this up on another site,please read towards the end,thanks ,i hope it helps

http://www.beatyourtruck.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=63774
Old 02-09-2010, 03:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks for the info. Glad I can use my current compressor if I want to. Does the water separator install directly on the air compressor?

Thanks
Old 02-23-2010, 07:56 PM
Tech Rookie

As far as the water separator goes I put couplings on mine so I just pop it on the compressor then plug the hose into it for airbrush,trim gun etc.
If you have an outgoing pressure gage (not tank pressure) you can dial it in with the stock regulator.