R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography (https://www.rctech.net/forum/painting-designs-graphics-photography-59/)
-   -   New Style paint comp with one hell of a prize package at CFXPaintworks (https://www.rctech.net/forum/painting-designs-graphics-photography/342854-new-style-paint-comp-one-hell-prize-package-cfxpaintworks.html)

NeoNot 11-08-2009 06:00 PM

New Style paint comp with one hell of a prize package at CFXPaintworks

Just thought I would let you painters know about a new style paint comp we are running at CFX.

The new style comp is based on a complete scheme walk through. You document of the body from the beginning to the end with photos and then write an article to go along with the pictures giving details on how to achieve each step of the painting process.

Anyone that is interested can check the link to the paint comp here.
http://cfxpaintworks.com/modules.php...ewtopic&t=3086

By the way the winner of this comp gets a Parma F1 airbrush, Parma Paint set and your article will be published in RC Driver as well as posted on the CFX Mag with full contact info!!!

If you have any questiong give me or CharlieB a shout.

NeoNot 11-11-2009 05:13 PM

Just bringing this back to the top!!!
I dont want anyone to miss out on the chance to win this great prize package and get some nice national exposure for a sweet paint scheme and a few direction on how to paint the scheme!!!

Feel free to PM Charlie_B or myself if you have any questions about entering the comp.

charlie_b 11-11-2009 06:14 PM

Yes, this should be pretty cool comp. I hope some of you decide to enter....ya never now..plus you get lotsa goodies!!!!

Riketsu 11-14-2009 05:12 AM

I hope no matter who wins. All of those articles get published. It is awesome to see step-by-step with pictures on how to paint bodies. :nod:

NeoNot 11-14-2009 05:08 PM

Riketsu,

No matter who wins all the articles will be availible at CFX after the comp!

If we can get this style of comp of the ground and get some decent entries we will try to hold a new one every three months!!!

Riketsu 11-14-2009 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by NeoNot (Post 6600802)
Riketsu,

No matter who wins all the articles will be availible at CFX after the comp!

If we can get this style of comp of the ground and get some decent entries we will try to hold a new one every three months!!!

Awesome!

I will try to get a friend of mine to enter this comp... :nod:

NeoNot 11-23-2009 12:31 AM

Just a friendly reminder to all the painters here at RCTech. We have a new style comp running at CFX with a nice prize package for the winner.

The comp is getting some entries and we would loved to see some more painters get in on this new comp and win some nice prizes!!!

Quick link to the comp rules and entry thread.
http://cfxpaintworks.com/modules.php...b8d14117a97e42

phoenixxx 12-01-2009 01:46 AM

Is this comp only for US painters?

I would like to enter, but i am outside of the US in South Africa.:nod::nod:

Thanx.

NeoNot 12-02-2009 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by phoenixxx (Post 6662402)
Is this comp only for US painters?

I would like to enter, but i am outside of the US in South Africa.:nod::nod:

Thanx.

The only limitation is you must be a CFX Member. Beyond that there is no restrictions on location.

dgdcustoms 12-03-2009 12:04 PM

Hey I just signed up at CFX. How long does it take be for you know if you are approved? Thanks

NeoNot 12-03-2009 09:38 PM

dgdcustoms,

I sent you a pm. Get back with me and I will get it taken care of for you.

JarheadRCGuy 12-04-2009 05:32 AM

well, I'm a CFX member, not a pro painter by any stretch, but what the hell? I'm about to start doing a body for a buddy whose gonna race it next month, I'll give it a shot!

NeoNot 12-04-2009 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by JarheadRCGuy (Post 6676320)
well, I'm a CFX member, not a pro painter by any stretch, but what the hell? I'm about to start doing a body for a buddy whose gonna race it next month, I'll give it a shot!

Jarhead this is a mixed comp.
The judging isnt based on just how the body looks!
It also factors in how well you give instructions for the completetion of of the body you are painting.

Chances are if you have a decent looking body without any major bleeds or runs and you can write really well, you have an above average chance to win the comp!

JarheadRCGuy 12-04-2009 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by NeoNot (Post 6676423)
Jarhead this is a mixed comp.
The judging isnt based on just how the body looks!
It also factors in how well you give instructions for the completetion of of the body you are painting.

Chances are if you have a decent looking body without any major bleeds or runs and you can write really well, you have an above average chance to win the comp!

Sounds good to me! I work in a technical job field in the Marines, and have had to do plenty of "write ups" on unorthodox methods of repairing certain pieces of gear, so I should be able to make some pretty conscice intrusctions. Thanks for the opprotunity!

dgdcustoms 12-04-2009 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by NeoNot (Post 6675543)
dgdcustoms,

I sent you a pm. Get back with me and I will get it taken care of for you.

Thanks... Sent you a PM back.