What Airbrush to chose for BEGINNING RC Painting ?

You're on Page 5 of 11
Go to
  • Quote: First job with my Iwata Neo.

Very Nice for your first body!!! I have seen much worse lol.
  • http://www.tcpglobal.com/airbrushdepot/abdtc16.html

Would this compressor work for this? for the Neo series Gravity Fed brush?

what else would I need besides a cleaning station and Paint?
  • For my first airbrush I picked up a Iwata HP-CS from Hobbylobby. Their 40% off coupons rock!
  • I dont know if this is the best place to ask this question but here it goes. Im just now getting into the airbrushing seen and was wondring if I need a respirator or just use a cheap dust mast? Ill be using faskolor paint. Thanx for any insight
  • If your going to be painting much get a respirator or at least a charcoal filter type dust mask.

Quote: I dont know if this is the best place to ask this question but here it goes. Im just now getting into the airbrushing seen and was wondring if I need a respirator or just use a cheap dust mast? Ill be using faskolor paint. Thanx for any insight
  • Quote: If your going to be painting much get a respirator or at least a charcoal filter type dust mask.
    Thanx for the quick response. Sorry if it was a dumb question lol but thanx ill get one fast
  • No dumb questions. Even tho it's not toxic you can still breath in the particles and why not be safe anyways!

Quote: Thanx for the quick response. Sorry if it was a dumb question lol but thanx ill get one fast
  • I purchased a neo and returned it to get a Eclipse up-cs. I would like to get another airbrush for sparing large areas. My question is. Would it be best to get another Iwata style brush or does it matter. I Read on here that you have to get a Iwata air line for iwata brushes. If this is the case, if I got a master or something else. Will I have to run another line to my compressor?
  • You can always get an adapter to mate just about any hose to any airbrush.
  • Sorry about all the typos and miss spells. I sent the earlier post from cell phone. Anyways, so how would I change from air brush to air brush? Unscrew the line to connect to another airbrush?
  • Airbrush Choice
    I am looking at picking up a second airbrush.

I am debating picking up either of the following:

Iwata Revolution

Iwata HP-CS

Curious which would be better suited to spraying bodies and getting into doing fades and such. The revolution comes with the 0.5 needle and the HP-CS comes with the .35 needle. Not sure the 0.35 needle would be good for spraying paints straight from the bottle (using createx, auto-air and faskolor paints). Guessing as is the HP-CS would be best to get the 0.5 needle as well to do plain coverage work. Then use the 0.35 needle for shading.

Thanks in advance.
  • Master and Iwata have the same size input so the same quick connect will work.

Quote: I purchased a neo and returned it to get a Eclipse up-cs. I would like to get another airbrush for sparing large areas. My question is. Would it be best to get another Iwata style brush or does it matter. I Read on here that you have to get a Iwata air line for iwata brushes. If this is the case, if I got a master or something else. Will I have to run another line to my compressor?
  • I ended up getting another neo for spraying large area's
  • I have a big air compressor in my garage that I use to work on my autos...can I use this source to paint?
  • Quote: I have a big air compressor in my garage that I use to work on my autos...can I use this source to paint?
    Hello! Yes you can use it. As long that it haves a moister trap, and haves continuing air pressure and reaches at least 85psi your ok whit it.

Tags

1st airbrush, airbrush beginner, airbrush rc, what airbrush ?