Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
What Airbrush to chose for BEGINNING RC Painting ? >

What Airbrush to chose for BEGINNING RC Painting ?

What Airbrush to chose for BEGINNING RC Painting ?

Old 07-27-2018, 06:33 AM
Tech Rookie

I apologize for bump the old topic, but I have some interesting observations that I would like to share, maybe this will help someone in the future because once I was on the lookout for useful advice.
Thought I'd do some comparisons for you guys: The lowes gun has a 1.4 tip, the HF gun has a 1.4 and 1.8 tip. Upon opening the HF gun the small paint cup had been cross threaded (I am assuming it came off of a shelf, so I got to call and see what they will do). The HF gun just felt cheap beside the kobalt gun , it was lighter, flimsier and just doesn't feel as good in your hand. The Kobalt cup is much stronger than the flimsy cup with the HF gun. I am not a professional and have maybe sprayed a total of two cars (mainly pieces here and there) I have sprayed a lot of steel structural stuff with the kobalt gun and it does good with paint and clear. I sprayed my 05 f150 fender with it, and you can't tell a difference in what I done and the factory paint (It was metallic silver two) after it was sanded and buffed. I originally bought the kobalt gun for furniture as I build quite a bit of furniture for family and myself as a hobby. I have sprayed laquer, urethane, and enamel with it. All has turned out well. The only downfall to the kobalt gun is the only tip you can get for it is a 1.4 tip. I plan to use the HF gun for primer with the 1.8 tip. If I had to choose, It would be the Kobalt gun hands down for the price. I am really curious about the other Kobalt "automotive" gun like all Industrial https://mechanicguides.com/best-60-g...ir-compressor/ There are a lot of useful videos on this subject on Youtube, I'll leave one here,Hope this helps someone. Good luck!

Last edited by Ylenor; 08-01-2018 at 04:15 AM.