Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
What Airbrush to chose for BEGINNING RC Painting ? >

What Airbrush to chose for BEGINNING RC Painting ?

Like Tree5Likes

What Airbrush to chose for BEGINNING RC Painting ?

Old 03-26-2017, 03:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Is this set ok for a first kit

Hi I'm just wanting to know if this set is ok to start with as a first kit I know that there is better but I have to watch my budget is it ok for a beginner or do I save up for something else please I need all the help I can get as I don't want to waste my money thank you all for your time Dan

AU $150.99
+ Free Postage+ Free
1/6HP Voilamart Air Brush Compressor 5/7/22cc Airbrush Dual Action Spray Gun Kit

Last edited by OYL RACING; 03-27-2017 at 06:19 AM.
Old 11-27-2017, 05:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

picking up my first set to try painting some bodies this month!
Old 11-27-2017, 07:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by crustang302
picking up my first set to try painting some bodies this month!
What set
Old 11-30-2017, 11:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

good stuff here, im new to airbrushing
Old 12-07-2017, 01:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rpmrpm

Edit, side note.... Do not forget to get a adapter for your air hose if you have a standard garage compressor you plan on using. I had to wait a couple more days to get one ordered in. The other thing I skipped was a cleaning pot. Clean up makes a mess in a trash can pretty quickly. And most have a incorporated airbrush holder that is very useful.

https://www.google.com/search?q=airb...g+pot&tbm=shop
I know this is resurrecting an old post, but is it possible to use a regulated garage air compressor for small airbrushing, like a car body, or would I be better off to just a kit with a smaller compressor included? I've been wanting to give it a shot...
Old 12-07-2017, 02:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LittleTreeGuy
I know this is resurrecting an old post, but is it possible to use a regulated garage air compressor for small airbrushing, like a car body, or would I be better off to just a kit with a smaller compressor included? I've been wanting to give it a shot...
You can use that just fine. Just get a regulator close to airbrush so you can knock pressure down
Old 12-08-2017, 01:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by carbongoat
You can use that just fine. Just get a regulator close to airbrush so you can knock pressure down
Sweet. Thank you very much!!
Old 02-23-2018, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Looking at getting the TC-20T, G33, and a E91 to get started in airbrushing.

Will the E91 with .8mm nozzle be suitable for spraying liquid mask?
Old 02-24-2018, 11:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

There is really no need to get anything bigger than a .5 needle for Rc airbrushing. Just get a small hvlp touch up gun, they can bought for same or less than an airbrush and you won't have to thin the LM. Try to get a 1.4 tip hvlp gun.

If you decide to get the. 8 airbrush you will have to thin the LM.
Old 02-26-2018, 02:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aligater
There is really no need to get anything bigger than a .5 needle for Rc airbrushing. Just get a small hvlp touch up gun, they can bought for same or less than an airbrush and you won't have to thin the LM. Try to get a 1.4 tip hvlp gun.

If you decide to get the. 8 airbrush you will have to thin the LM.
Ended up getting the TC-20T, G22, E91, and a 1.4 HVLP from Harbor Freight.

Now to pick up some liquid mask and sheets of lexan so I can see how terrible I am at painting lol
Old 03-25-2018, 08:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Looking at air brushes to paint lean rc bodies. Wanting to get an air brush. Not going for a cheap air brush, nor getting an expensive air brush. Was looking at getting Part# PAS TG-2L
New Paasche TG-2L "Talon" Gravity Feed Airbrush Only. From tcpglobal.com . I’ve seen videos on you tube about air brushing. Is there anybody or any shop that teaches how to and tips on painting lexan rc bodies. When painting with 3-5 different colours, and designs.
Old 03-26-2018, 06:09 PM
J_E
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wrad
Looking at air brushes to paint lean rc bodies. Wanting to get an air brush. Not going for a cheap air brush, nor getting an expensive air brush. Was looking at getting Part# PAS TG-2L
New Paasche TG-2L "Talon" Gravity Feed Airbrush Only. From tcpglobal.com . I’ve seen videos on you tube about air brushing. Is there anybody or any shop that teaches how to and tips on painting lexan rc bodies. When painting with 3-5 different colours, and designs.

Courses at your Local junior/community college may be available that cover the principles of painting with an airbrush or spray gun, but it is doubtful that they will focus on painting Lexan bodies from the inside.

The basic concept of spraying lexan bodies with an air brush is little different than using rattle cans. Now we have resources such as youtube to get a good idea of how to paint a body. In the 90's all I had to learn from were the periodic issue of RC Car Action News that had painting articles. I tend to prefer the dual action, internal mix, bottom fed air brushes, but that is what I've used since day one.

Two key things are:
Take care of your equipment, keep it clean and store it well and it should outlast you.
Be patient. Like painting anything 1:1 scale or scale models, it is all about the prep work. Laying down paint is the reward for the prep work.
Old 03-29-2018, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Wrad
I've been using a Master airbrush Model G23 for the past couple of bodies. For me, it's just about perfect in everyway. I have not begun to do any type of detailing, shading, or fading, but the G23 can lay down some very detailed lines/spray patterns.

Now that I looked up the model that you are considering (PAS TG-2L), my G23 would probably be considered "cheap" to you . I wasn't expecting much from the G23, but when it arrived it felt very well built/manufactured.

I am nowhere near proficient, and yes, it's all about prepping. Sharp edges and corners are sometimes hard with keeping the paint from bleeding. No matter how many times I think I have the edges of my masks secure, I always end up with a couple spots that bleed through.

My latest body that I just finished up...
Attached Thumbnails What Airbrush to chose for BEGINNING RC Painting ?-100_8962.jpg   What Airbrush to chose for BEGINNING RC Painting ?-100_8961.jpg  
Old 03-29-2018, 03:23 PM
Tech Elite

i like my crescendo 175 been using same 3 needles that came with it for 10 years now.no issues .will still do a hair line size.Crescendo 175
Old 04-26-2018, 09:29 AM
Tech Initiate

I am looking for an airbrush to essentially replace spray cans and use the water based paints well. No real plans to do shading or major custom work. Id upgrade to that if it happens.

What am I looking for in an airbrush in this instance? Have a pancake compressor already.

Greg

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.