Vintage Tone Body Shop

Old 10-16-2009, 04:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Vintage Tone Body Shop

Hey Everyone,
I d be posting bodies as they re done. Feel free to contact me if you need any kind of custom work. You can see a detailled painting process in my tutorial also. I will add more as they come I started painting and airbrushing back around 88 (Go on, have a laff ) and turned out to be a luthier,vintage guitars expert, so I ve been custom building and painting guitars for 20 years, specialized into relicing (the art of making anything new look old), restoration of vintage original instruments and airbrushed graphics. Working on these gave me a unique opportunity to learn how to mix colors, metallic and pearl flakes and reproduce the original colors, aging and tints accurately. People don t joke around when asking a restoration or paint job on a 40k instrument ...

I work closely with my customers on Photoshop, providing samples and sketches to be sure you d be satisfied with the final results and to help you visualize the paint scheme better. I do anything from Hot Rod and classic muscle cars, street rods, rats, distressed finishes, racing bodies and hello kitty to MIA POW themes. If i feel it, I d do it. This is a hobby not a full time job, if I feel another painter will be best, I d be glad to refer you to them. Although all these are pretty similar in style, I made tons of different things and will post more pictures of the next batch ( Can t wait to finish the Littlest Petshop Truck !). I make a point to respect my deadlines and will give you an accurate quote and eta on shipping. I m using only the best quality paint and I do all my stencils and masks myself from the scratch. If you have any questions and for faster reply feel free to email me [email protected]
Cheers !
T

Another pro line 50 s truck with a lot of metallic effects from thin flakes to very large sparkle gold and faux wood bed. Doesn t show well on pictures as usual ... I need to invest in a photo studio lol

Another flamey truck thin flake metallic blue with purple streaks in the fender and around the flames. Large gold flake metallic in the flames.

[/center][/center]
[/center][/center]

Dodge Charger Double Dragon : Black with candy metallic orange dragons, tribal flames for the wings, gold sprakle and different pearl effects in the flames ( that won t show on pix as usual )

Last edited by vintage tone; 10-16-2009 at 05:18 AM.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:10 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Pretty cool presentation ya got there bud!
Old 10-29-2009, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Very nice work!
Old 02-10-2010, 07:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hey guys
been so busy getting married and working like crazy + immigration paperwork + fighting with USPS who lost my watch in the mail and screwed up two Savages I was sending to France etc etc, i didn t have much time to post anything nor to hang out much. Add to that internet and phone issues and welcome to my life !
Oh well ... it d get better !
Here are a few lids i did recently , will post more soon

Cuda with "true Rod" flames and black sparkle with gold flakes.

Here s a Cayenne I did for a French friend, Oxxide being his avatar / nickname. It s a very very dark green metallic that looks black pretty much but pops green in the sunlight. Pearl white lettering and chrome graphic on the hood. chrome outlines around the letters.

Chevy 80s pick up in candy metallic red with a gold basecoat and gold trim around true Rod flames. Candy metallic means that it s a transparent red with streaks, accents and then back it up with gold and flakes, it gives a lot of depth to the metallic effect in comparaison to a solid metallic color you d spray in one solid coat.Classic Carbon fiber bed.

Another Candy this time Candy Orange to go with the losi 454 head, Ram and tribal ghosted in on the hood. Very complex color that goes from red to almost gold depending on how the light hits it. Same deal, transparent coats and streaks, accents then back it in gold and flakes, then seal in white to make it pop.

next up is a racer mini 1/16th scale tiny lil bugger... fun to paint details like headlights or letters on such a tiny piece of lexan lol ...

Got a few more a Herbie and a 50's pick up, couple slash and more minis I d take pics as soon as I can and post up
Cheers and ty for looking
Old 03-18-2010, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

fantastic work!