have been painting shells with cans for a while but i want to try airbrushing

i want a fairly cheap one but not total shite

any ideas or recomendations ??

lso what will i need extra ??

what paint do i use ???
Old 07-17-2009, 11:30 AM
Tech Initiate

heeejjjj phil

i am using a 25 euro cheap ass airbrush,this for my simpel red and white design.works fine

but if you are an airbrush artist it sucks
just depends i think how good your skills are and how good you want to become

I,ve just bought a couple of bottles faskolor,havent tried,m yet.

ps ive got mine hoked up to my compressor for the air,just need a diy piece for thin airbrush pipe to big compressor pipe
Old 07-19-2009, 12:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

I notice you are in Europe. Do you have access to Iwata brand airbrushes there? If so, get a Revolution series model # CR. This is a great airbrush that is very versitile. I have about 17 airbrushes, many of them cost 4-5 times as much as the CR, but I use the CR the most. It is a GREAT airbrush. Iwata is a very high quality brand that is made in Japan. Here is a link to a airbrush supply store in the USA that ships overseas if you cannot find one there. Good luck and hope you enjoy.
http://www.coastairbrush.com/
Old 07-19-2009, 09:26 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skoal33
I notice you are in Europe. Do you have access to Iwata brand airbrushes there? If so, get a Revolution series model # CR. This is a great airbrush that is very versitile. I have about 17 airbrushes, many of them cost 4-5 times as much as the CR, but I use the CR the most. It is a GREAT airbrush. Iwata is a very high quality brand that is made in Japan. Here is a link to a airbrush supply store in the USA that ships overseas if you cannot find one there. Good luck and hope you enjoy.
http://www.coastairbrush.com/
I could not agree more with this post. I have been painting for about a year. I started with the Paasche. Then I got my Revolution and the Paasche was never touched again. So to try and be a better all I can be painter I bought the Iwata Eclipse. And I still use my Revolution 5x more. Its just a smooth all round easy to use airbrush. I use Faskolor paints.

So don't kick yourself in the fanny and get the Iwata Revolution. The best starter brush ever and with the the best resale you can get if you don't stick with it?
Old 07-19-2009, 10:05 PM
Tech Rookie

it makes painting easier