Wiki Posts
Search

RC Body Painting

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default RC Body Painting

Hey everyone. I am looking at an air brush kit and i have a few questions. Do most of the painters use Liquid mask or paint masks. I am not all that artistic but i can use liquid mask but i have used it on bodies that i use rattle cans on and i like it. Also how do u get it to be identical on the other side for boths sides of the body.

Thanks -ShanE-
Old 06-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shanem121
Hey everyone. I am looking at an air brush kit and i have a few questions. Do most of the painters use Liquid mask or paint masks. I am not all that artistic but i can use liquid mask but i have used it on bodies that i use rattle cans on and i like it. Also how do u get it to be identical on the other side for boths sides of the body.

Thanks -ShanE-
Most use liquid mask, some use a vinyl cutter, and some use tape. Its all really a matter of preference. I prefer liquid mask, but that's just me.

Most people copy a design onto paper in order to make it symmetrical, so that the copied design can be transfered onto the other side of the body.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Also how do u get it to be identical on the other side for boths sides of the body.

You can also use transfer tape or low tack cling-wrap saran wrap (kitchen item) to trace a design from one side of a body, then stick it inside the shell, on the other side, and then sharpie the design on the outside for side #2. Easier for me than the paper method. But paper works just fine too.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks -ShanE-
Liquid Mask is what i like to use. Ive used tape and vinyl before but they have a tendency to peal the paint off.