R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography (https://www.rctech.net/forum/painting-designs-graphics-photography-59/)
-   -   Paint Removing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/painting-designs-graphics-photography/30248-paint-removing.html)

Chris08527 12-29-2003 01:57 PM

Paint Removing

need to remove some paint, anybody have any secrets???

HELP!!!

Chris08527

corvettecrazy 12-29-2003 02:28 PM

use the search tool at the top of the page, you will get all your answers

Core Creations 12-29-2003 04:26 PM

For Faskolor use lighter fluid...it won't haze the lexan,works great and is cheap! That's what the folks at Parma recommended to me. Give it a try....for Pactra...not sure, nothing ever worked very well.

Smoke21 12-29-2003 09:14 PM

use some Nitro fuel if you have some

Slotmachine 12-31-2003 08:13 AM

remove paint

Denatured alcohol works on all types of R/C paint, it cost about $7.50 for a gallon U.S. price. Its also great to degreese your nitro car.

WC 01-05-2004 12:23 AM

Originally posted by CIVIC91
For Faskolor use lighter fluid...it won't haze the lexan,works great and is cheap! That's what the folks at Parma recommended to me.
Fascolor? Last time I had to strip a Fascolor shell completely, I just used warm water and a scrubbing brush. Totally cleaned it off, could start repainting from scratch.

Don't get any cheaper than water! :D

LosiFromHell986 01-10-2004 01:40 PM

does denatured alcohol fog the lexan at all?
I got a JRXT bod that i need to repaint...

Core Creations 01-10-2004 03:59 PM

From my experience...and I have probably painted 100 bodies in the last 3 years, if you can take the paint off with soap and water than it wasn't painted properly. If you mist the first coat and heat set it per Parmas instructions, it takes more than water to take it off.

sook 01-27-2004 11:05 AM

I just found a product that is inexpensive and works faster than denatured alcohol, soap and water, 91% alcohol, citrus stuff, or nitro fuel. A small can off a product called OOPS cost 1.97 at Walmart in the paint department. It is safe to use on Lexan and many other products. It not only removes the paint (over spray), but any adhesives left by tape. It removes these items cleanly and is ready for a new application of paint without reprepping the surface. Occasionally I get overspray under my mask where I did not tack it down well and have used every product hinted on this forum. Now OOPS works great in this small area. Good luck.
;)

rcracerusa 02-16-2004 05:28 PM

I have used denatured alcohol to remove a whole paint scheme from a body that was painted with faskcolor and it did fog the lexan at all. Bolink also makes a body wash that works well to, but it is a bit oily so re-prep the body before painting it if you use the bolink.

rccarracer 02-27-2004 03:30 PM

Just be careful with any chemicals on bodies, as they do weaken the polycarbonate.....
Just my 0.02.....