Wiki Posts
Search

Iwata Eclipse help please

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 06:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Iwata Eclipse help please

Hello i seem to be having some slight issues with my eclipse.At first i thought my paint was just too thick(faskolor) but it is still kind of sporatic and I can shoot base colors unthinned out of my revolution.Also the revolution with a .5 needle can shoot finer lines than the eclipse with a .35. A while back my son dropped the nozzle and I had to push the needle a little to get it to go back through so im thinking I may need a new needle and nozzle or maybe one or the other but i dont want to just throw money at it,so maybe someone can give me some ideas.

Thanks Jason
Old 01-01-2009, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

The needle and fluid tip on these airbrushes are delicate and machined to very exact tolerances. Since yours was dropped and you had to push the needle thru. I'd say at this point, replace the needle and tip. I keep a magnifying glass handy to inspect the tip for damage. I actually damaged a fluid tip by forcing a paint clog thru it. Hope this helps.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpraydbySprague
The needle and fluid tip on these airbrushes are delicate and machined to very exact tolerances. Since yours was dropped and you had to push the needle thru. I'd say at this point, replace the needle and tip. I keep a magnifying glass handy to inspect the tip for damage. I actually damaged a fluid tip by forcing a paint clog thru it. Hope this helps.
Yeah I talked to charlie from cfx paintworks last night and he said the same,except on the eclipse the fluid nozzle and the tip are unseperable and the fluid nozzle is 20 bucks so i guess Ill just have to be more careful in the future.Thanks for the info

Jason
Old 01-01-2009, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

If you have the Eclipse series of airbrushes, check this out.

http://www.coastairbrush.com/eclipseparts.asp

The .5mm fluid nozzle is less than $10(#4 in the exploded view), and the needle is $6.50(#17 in the exploded view). I've been able to get these parts at my local AC Moore. I don't use the .35mm tip and needle. IMHO they're too small and delicate. For R/C bodies, .5mm tip and needle is fine.