Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
? Help Flames Outline Border Mugen MBX6 >

? Help Flames Outline Border Mugen MBX6

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

? Help Flames Outline Border Mugen MBX6

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)
Default ? Help Flames Outline Border Mugen MBX6

Can some tell me the best way to add or border or think outline.
what I am talking about is when people do the thin colored line or border on a flame job or how they out line the window line in a different color. I really cant think of a easy way except for masking it. I have a brand new body all liquid masked ready to be painted.

I want to do flames with a chrome border. If its not called the border please tell me what everyone calls it.

Also I have been trying to find a gallery of different Mugen Mbx6 paint jobs if someone has a link can you please post it?

Thanks
Old 12-04-2008, 12:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

in photoshop / illustrator terms, it's referred to as : stroke.

to get this border on flame masks, lay down your mask, then offset trace the flames with a hobby knife to however thick you want the border to be

The same goes with the window border.

here's my mbx6.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Most painters call them pins or pinstripes. If you are using liquid mask or masking tape the pins are usually cut by hand by cutting your deign and then moving slighty inwards and cutting the deisng again while keeping the width consistent. It is tricky and it wont be perfect the first time but you will get the hang of it.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)
Default tight

thats a tight looking x6
Old 12-04-2008, 11:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racingboy14
Most painters call them pins or pinstripes. If you are using liquid mask or masking tape the pins are usually cut by hand by cutting your deign and then moving slighty inwards and cutting the deisng again while keeping the width consistent. It is tricky and it wont be perfect the first time but you will get the hang of it.

Ya, I found it easier to hold an xacto blade in my hands rather than have the blade attached to the pen-handle. It helps get into those tight curves and spaces
Old 12-04-2008, 02:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You can also cut the handle down to a shorter length which is easier on your fingers.