Like Tree10Likes

Vinyl Cutters!

Old 05-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bfutura15
Neo: What I actually do on the windows is trace them on tracing paper and scan that into inkscape and use the pen tool to trace. I have tried the way you described but when I scan it it comes out washed out. Are you backing it with a darker sheet?
You can do it few different ways.

1) Leave the masks on the sheet if there is a difference between the backing sheet and the mask itself.

2) Remove the masks and simply place on a different color piece of paint.

3) Trace around the masks with a sharpie.

I personally prefer method 1 or 2 as doing the 3 method doesnt give you as smooth of lines to work with when tracing then with the pen tool.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by charlie_b
Neo...this is why you are awesome! You are an excellent Student!
Dude if not for your help I still wouldnt know how to use AI.

The hour or two you spent with me over the phone really got me going and you have always been able to answer the little questions I cant seem to find the answer for!!!

So thanks go out to you for being such a good teacher Chuck.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Does anyone know of a version of inkscape that will work well with vista 32 bit? Everytime I load it, it will work fine, but if I shut it down and try to bring it back up, well, lets just say it's not pretty.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

anyone know how to do the pinstripe around letters and flames using inkscape?

Thanks
Old 05-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Tech Champion

For anyone using inkscape, Everytime I download it, it will open once and work fine. After I close it down and try to re-open it, a taskbar comes up and says that the uninstall.dat file is missing and when I proceed to try and install it, it says it doesn't exist, or something of that nature. Anyone have this kind of issue?
Old 05-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
For anyone using inkscape, Everytime I download it, it will open once and work fine. After I close it down and try to re-open it, a taskbar comes up and says that the uninstall.dat file is missing and when I proceed to try and install it, it says it doesn't exist, or something of that nature. Anyone have this kind of issue?
Sorry bro, works just fine here. I personally dont use it but got it just to see what everyone was talking about. I have opened and closed it 5 or 6 times in the last couple minutes with no issues at all.

If running in Vista you may want to try changing the mode it runs in. Try using the compatibility mode and set it for XP operation or something other than Vista.

Originally Posted by robman
anyone know how to do the pinstripe around letters and flames using inkscape?

Thanks
Try

Path - Linked Offset or Dynamic Offset
Old 05-09-2009, 06:13 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by NeoNot
Sorry bro, works just fine here. I personally dont use it but got it just to see what everyone was talking about. I have opened and closed it 5 or 6 times in the last couple minutes with no issues at all.

If running in Vista you may want to try changing the mode it runs in. Try using the compatibility mode and set it for XP operation or something other than Vista.
I got it worked out. It was the way it had installed. Weird, but read the solution from the web. Now it seems to work how it should. Now the question is, can I get it to run the robo cutter, and can I import from Adobe CS3?
Old 05-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Tech Adept

What software do I need to create pinstripes around letters and flames?
Cheap as possiable?

Thanks Rob
Old 05-09-2009, 10:27 PM
Tech Regular

I got it worked out. It was the way it had installed. Weird, but read the solution from the web. Now it seems to work how it should. Now the question is, can I get it to run the robo cutter, and can I import from Adobe CS3?
I dont know if there is a driver to allow the Robo to be ran directly from InkScape.

Yes you can import from CS3 as long as you save as an AI Version 9 or higher file type.

Cheap as possiable?

Thanks Rob
Have you tried what I posted above? It worked just fine for me!
Old 05-10-2009, 05:46 AM
Tech Champion

Cheap as possiable?

Thanks Rob
As in-expensive as possable, I would try Inkscape. It's free to download, so it doesn't get any better than that.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Tech Adept

As in-expensive as possable, I would try Inkscape. It's free to download, so it doesn't get any better than that.

yea but i can't figure out how to do it with inkscape or any other software I have..

thanks
Old 05-11-2009, 08:19 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by NeoNot
Yes you can import from CS3 as long as you save as an AI Version 9 or higher file type.

I followed your tutorial on the CFX website, and I have a question for you. I noticed that in AI under file, when it drops down, your graphtec info is there to select. When I pull mine down, its not. I un-installed and then re-installed the robo software (it's actually a Quikutz cutter that uses the craft robo software) but no luck. It does work with inkscape when I save a file as a DXF. Am I missing a plug-in for my AI? Any light you can shed on this would be greatly appreciated.

Ken
Old 05-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Tech Regular

I followed your tutorial on the CFX website, and I have a question for you. I noticed that in AI under file, when it drops down, your graphtec info is there to select. When I pull mine down, its not. I un-installed and then re-installed the robo software (it's actually a Quikutz cutter that uses the craft robo software) but no luck. It does work with inkscape when I save a file as a DXF. Am I missing a plug-in for my AI? Any light you can shed on this would be greatly appreciated.

Ken

There is a plugin that you need to install for Adobe to get the Robo to show up in AI. You can download the plugin from Graphtecs website and maybe from OOC's site as well.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:24 AM
Tech Champion

OOC?
Old 05-12-2009, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

http://www.oocrcracing.com/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.