Like Tree10Likes

Vinyl Cutters!

Old 08-16-2008, 03:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I use Corel Draw and it has a contour command and you can use that to add a border of any width you want, internal or external.

Kev
Old 08-19-2008, 12:37 AM
Tech Initiate

hey whats up guys, great thread. anyone here use signgo?? i have signgo pro and im still tryin to figure it out
Old 08-21-2008, 01:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tres
I use mainly Avery or Oracal for paint mask.

I'm not sure about Vectorgraphics, they more than likely relabel from another company.
Do these hold up to heat? I have 2 rolls of vinyl that both leave a lot of residue heat is applied, which I do use in between coats. I really need to get something like what Parma and Proline use for window masks.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

The Avery paint mask will not leave any residue when heated.

Although it does soften up, which is not an issue.

That is all we use and feels similar to what is used for window masks.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:02 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bkpaintwerks
The Avery paint mask will not leave any residue when heated.

Although it does soften up, which is not an issue.

That is all we use and feels similar to what is used for window masks.
Would you happen to have a stock # for the stuff you use? I am looking on earl mitch and there a few there, but they aren't very descriptive when it comes to the glue type.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

A1828 Avery white paint mask

i am not sure if that is the avery number for it or my retailer's but hope it helps.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:35 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I personally use Flexisign 7.5 and love it.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:13 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bkpaintwerks
A1828 Avery white paint mask

i am not sure if that is the avery number for it or my retailer's but hope it helps.
Excellent, thanks I found it, it's a bit big for my plotter, but I'll just cut 9x15" sheets, that will work fine.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Are those Avery White paint mask, Flexisign or OraMask like the window mask given with the unpainted bodies? Whats the stuff the paint mask companies use thats typically yellow? The yellow stuff's are pretty strecthy and has adhered pretty well. Though i've has the white window film seal it's edges a bbit better. Is there somethings thats prefered or will work better than the other? The white Avery mask perhaps?

What programs are you guys using? For cutting and designing? I've got a little Craft Robo number and i've been having fun with it But that included Robo Master program is just too limited in what it will let me do ! But I can't seem to be able to cut out of anything else I've down loaded Inkscape from the Graphtec site, but haven't been able to cut from there, or transfer work i've done in Inkscape to this Robo Master cutting program. Is there another driver or something I need to work in Inkscape and cut out of there???
Old 08-25-2008, 04:47 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

A1828-S is the white Avery,works great.

A1830-S is the yellow and used for full size cars going into an oven to bake the paint.

Both cut great, the white is a little thinner and easier to work with.

The Oracal line is very nice as well.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:49 AM
Tech Master

I've been looking at getting a vinyl cutter for quiet awhile really. But till I came across this thread had no idea what I needed at all

To start with the only real thing I'd like to do is boardered window mask's ,I hope that's a simple enough project to start with ??

The craft robo is cretainly affordable enough, But reading the thread I believe the software is somewhat limited for our needs ?

what other software would you guys consider as "needed" ?

Also can anyone tell me does the robo cut though the vinyl only leaving the backing paper intact like XXXmains mask sheets or would it cut though both ??

Anyone able to suggest somewhere in the UK supplying suitable vinyl ??

I can't find alot of info on any of this really ................ complete noob to the whole process, Is it easy enough to pick up and start creating your own stuff ??

Can the robo take vinyl in roll format or sheets only ?

Don't suspose anyone fancies trying to write a step by step guide of how you'd creat something simple like the boardered window mask I'm wanting, So I can gauge how complicated this sort of thing is or isn't.

Thanks for any help guys

Rod
Old 08-25-2008, 06:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Merciless
I've been looking at getting a vinyl cutter for quiet awhile really. But till I came across this thread had no idea what I needed at all

To start with the only real thing I'd like to do is boardered window mask's ,I hope that's a simple enough project to start with ??

The craft robo is cretainly affordable enough, But reading the thread I believe the software is somewhat limited for our needs ?

what other software would you guys consider as "needed" ?

Also can anyone tell me does the robo cut though the vinyl only leaving the backing paper intact like XXXmains mask sheets or would it cut though both ??

Anyone able to suggest somewhere in the UK supplying suitable vinyl ??

I can't find alot of info on any of this really ................ complete noob to the whole process, Is it easy enough to pick up and start creating your own stuff ??

Can the robo take vinyl in roll format or sheets only ?

Don't suspose anyone fancies trying to write a step by step guide of how you'd creat something simple like the boardered window mask I'm wanting, So I can gauge how complicated this sort of thing is or isn't.

Thanks for any help guys

Rod
I bet if you ask really nice Charlie B the masta may just do that.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by chickenfarmer
I bet if you ask really nice Charlie B the masta may just do that.

Check this link. http://www.rctech.net/forum/painting...ml#post4772263
Old 08-27-2008, 07:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have a problem with my Craft Robo, even though I have it set up for 1 pass when I cut it goes back over for another pass, this causes the mask to peel up and screws the whole thing up. Why would it make a second pass? Should I uninstall the software and reinstall?
Old 08-27-2008, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chadlow21
I have a problem with my Craft Robo, even though I have it set up for 1 pass when I cut it goes back over for another pass, this causes the mask to peel up and screws the whole thing up. Why would it make a second pass? Should I uninstall the software and reinstall?
Are you using Windows?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.