Like Tree10Likes

Vinyl Cutters!

Old 04-15-2009, 11:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Glad I could help Bro. Also, I took Kjam's advice and slowed the cutting speed down, and that really seemed to help also.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Default decals

[decals or stickers we can make them in digital colors or cut vinyl Ph: 714-7098967 located in Anaheim, Ca
Old 04-18-2009, 07:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

What software has the best flames with it? and how do you make window mask with a pin stripe around it? I just got a 34" cutter and it came with flexi starter. where is the cheapest place to buy software and supplies?

Thanks Rob

Last edited by robman; 04-28-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'm sure it's been asked before.... probably in this thread. What are the best cutters? Are the US Cutters good?
Old 04-20-2009, 05:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robman
What soft ware has the best flames with it? and how do you make window mask with a pin stripe around it? I just got a 34" cutter and it came with flexi starter. where is the cheapest place to buy soft ware and supplies?

Thanks Rob
I have not seen any software that comes with Flames ready made, unless made Flexi Pro would have some in there ClipArt section but you are talking about a couple grand for that package! The best thing to do is design your own.

Doing pin striping all depends on the type of software you are running. Adobe Illustrator you can design your window mask with the pin tool and then simply select to offset the path a negative amount. This will cause your design to have a pin stripe.

In flexi you can design the window mask then hit a button to outline the design and tell it the amount of space between the cut lines.

The list goes on and on. It all depends on what software you are going to use!

The cheapest software is that which is free however this isnt always the best option. The only free software that I know of is SignBlazer. It has a design suite that looks like Flexi but doesnt function the same. It can be downloaded and used in a trial mode without loosing function or shutting off after a given time. The biggest issue with SignBlazer is compatibility. It wont work with to many machines but seems to do just fine with most USCutter models.

Originally Posted by MBZ Customs
I'm sure it's been asked before.... probably in this thread. What are the best cutters? Are the US Cutters good?
The best cutters are a matter of opinion, just like what RC Car is the best.
With that being said the best bang for your buck that I have found is the US Cutters. I personally have a PCut 24 inch that I spent roughly two bills to purchase, with stand.

The LazerCut, also a USCutters model, is another option should you decide you want to stickers or any form of contour cutting. It is a little more expensive but not by much.

Another option is the Craft Robo. Though it is only a 8 inch cutter it offers contour cutting, has decent design software supplied with it and is a good quality machine. The only down side to it is the 8 inch width that it can cut. This makes it a little harder to find media for it, unless you custom order it.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NeoNot
Doing pin striping all depends on the type of software you are running. Adobe Illustrator you can design your window mask with the pin tool and then simply select to offset the path a negative amount. This will cause your design to have a pin stripe.

I have been wondering how you do this in Adobe Illustrator. Are their any tutorials online, such as youtube, that would describe this?
Old 04-22-2009, 03:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default craft robo cutter

Hello, I have been looking at the Craft Robo Cutter but have a couple questions. I see it can cut around objects to make decals / stickers with a witness mark for reference. Are there any other cutters which do this also? I really like that feature. Also I see the issue of being an 8" wide cutter, how hard is it to find material for this? Thank you
Shaun N.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by naz53
Hello, I have been looking at the Craft Robo Cutter but have a couple questions. I see it can cut around objects to make decals / stickers with a witness mark for reference. Are there any other cutters which do this also? I really like that feature. Also I see the issue of being an 8" wide cutter, how hard is it to find material for this? Thank you
Shaun N.
http://www.uscutterdirect.com/Vinyl-...ting_c_12.html

I have the LP 24 and love it.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi I have a couple pieces of vinyl sitting here and would like to stick the non sticky side (because it looks better than the sticky side) to the inside of the body, do they make a glue that dries clear to do that? Thanks for the help.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
I have been wondering how you do this in Adobe Illustrator. Are their any tutorials online, such as youtube, that would describe this?
Ask and you shall recieve
http://cfxpaintworks.com/modules.php...b251e5ac8f6fcb

Originally Posted by naz53
Shaun N.
Its not that hard to locate material for the Robo. You simply contact your vinyl supplier and request the material be cut to size. The only downside to this is the cost of the material is higher than standard sizes such as 12, 18,24,32,etc......

Originally Posted by buglite62
Hi I have a couple pieces of vinyl sitting here and would like to stick the non sticky side (because it looks better than the sticky side) to the inside of the body, do they make a glue that dries clear to do that? Thanks for the help.
XXXMain glue works for photos but I have no idea if it would work with vinyl.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

XXXMain glue works for photos but I have no idea if it would work with vinyl.[/QUOTE]

I called faskolor tech dept today and he said it should work or, he didn't know why it wouldn't to be more exact. I'll give it a try, ordered 2 bottles of the glue. Thank you for the reply.

scott
Old 04-27-2009, 06:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by buglite62
XXXMain glue works for photos but I have no idea if it would work with vinyl.

I called faskolor tech dept today and he said it should work or, he didn't know why it wouldn't to be more exact. I'll give it a try, ordered 2 bottles of the glue. Thank you for the reply.

scott[/QUOTE]

Let us know how it works for you. That could be good for other users.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

I would love to see some pictures of bodies that were painted using masks, decals, etc that were cut on these non-professional level cutters.

Any of you guys (non-pros) feel brave enough to share your work ? I, like many others, don't have any experience with a cutter, and would like to get some feel of what can be accomplished with an entry level machine.

I just read this thread from the beginning and must give mad props to Charlie B and others for being willing to share their knowledge and being patient enough to field the "newbie" questions over and over. Charlie, the youtube vids are incredible, too. There aren't many people in the world who have your level of skill and are willing to share it with anybody who has an interest in your art.

Pics ?

Mike
Old 04-28-2009, 05:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

What's the difference between adobe illustrater cs2 , cs3, cs4 ?
Will cs2 make the window masks with pin stripes and can you draw your own flames for my plotter?
Old 04-28-2009, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by robman
What's the difference between adobe illustrater cs2 , cs3, cs4 ?
Will cs2 make the window masks with pin stripes and can you draw your own flames for my plotter?

They are just newer versions just have more features. CS2 works just fine. Im using CS2.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.