Old 04-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Anyone?
Old 04-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2fst2c
Got a couple more questions for the masters. 1st, I'm using AI 10, Corel x4 and Signblazer software. Mainly wondering about the signblazer program. Can someone tell me why the scan button is there? I know what it does, but if I scan a design, it will show up but I can't cut it because it is a bitmap image. I try to vectorize or change it and it won't let me. It says either, cannot perform this operation on a bitmap or it cannot perform this operation because it is not a monochrome image. Is there a way to take a .jpg image and cut it? I have been trying different things with all my programs and have not been successful. If it try and trace in Corel it comes out looking awful. Not something I could trace in AI with the pen tool either. Not that good. Thanks for any info you can give me.
for a perfect trace, the pentool is the way to go. Honestly, once images art web formatted(shrunk) it is very hard for any vector tracing program to trace because there are so many imperfections for the pixels they create. You have the option to pay for a vectorizing service or probbaly teh best way and cheapest way is to use tracing paper and re-tracing the image with a pen or pencil. Once you have done that, scan it in HI RES and then Vectorize it. Since it is cleaner and in Hi Res, the vectorizer would be much cleaner.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mwelch346
Newbie here, I wont be offened if I dont get an answer, but... can someone give me a basic affordable setup to: 1. cut paint masks to airbrush with. 2. do basic names and numbers for rc cars. 3. Cut basic vector logos into decals. like BF Goodrich over a wheel on the body. I have Corel paint shop pro 8.1 (but I dont know how to use it yet), can I use this? what other programs do I need to talk to the cutter, are the us cutters on ebay any good? This stuff is really confusing to me since I have never done it or seen anybody do it before. Thanks in advance for any help.
US Cutter is perfect for this.
I recommend using Signcut for the communication from computer to cutter. I also recommend Illustrator or Corel Draw for the design part. I recommend calling Ken from US Cutter for more details. All the tech Q's go through him.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Thanks Charlie. I did manage to Pen tool one of them and it turned out pretty decent. Getting better at the Pen tool. Now instead of tracing over it and then scanning it, could I just print it out and then scan it in Hi Res and then vectorize it? It looks pretty good printed out. Maybe Print it in Black and white? Just looking to save some time if possible. Thanks again!
Old 04-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well I got the okay from the boss to order a cutter. I expect I am going to have a ton of questions coming soon.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by h2daddy
Well I got the okay from the boss to order a cutter. I expect I am going to have a ton of questions coming soon.
Congrats! You will have a lot of fun with it!
Old 04-12-2009, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

i am having a super frustrated moment.i have a us cutter and use sign blazer.i am having the same problems where stuff i scan looks good on the screen but vectorizes lousy.i will retry to scan in a higher res.where is a good place to find vectorized logos,and art?my artistic ability is about zero.i bought a cutter hoping i could manipulate images to make them how i wanted them,but am having a tough time of it.at this moment in particular i am looking for the tecate logo with the black bird on it.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 227 (100%+)
Default Craft Robo question!

Guys, I just upgraded my computer to Windows Vista, 64bit, and have been unable to get my Craftrobo drivers to install. I went to their website and downloaded the drivers but for some reason I can not get them to load properly.

Can someone pm me with their take what the problem might be? Thanks guys!
Old 04-13-2009, 09:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcjunky10
Guys, I just upgraded my computer to Windows Vista, 64bit, and have been unable to get my Craftrobo drivers to install. I went to their website and downloaded the drivers but for some reason I can not get them to load properly.

Mine installed on Vista, but I checked and mine is 32 bit. Are you sure you loaded a 64 bit driver? If so, you might want to un-install the program, and then install the 64 bit driver first then install the program. The program won't reconize another driver if its been installed after the software has been installed. This is straight from the tech dept. at craft robo. Hope this helps.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:50 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dethklok151
i am having a super frustrated moment.i have a us cutter and use sign blazer.i am having the same problems where stuff i scan looks good on the screen but vectorizes lousy.i will retry to scan in a higher res.where is a good place to find vectorized logos,and art?my artistic ability is about zero.i bought a cutter hoping i could manipulate images to make them how i wanted them,but am having a tough time of it.at this moment in particular i am looking for the tecate logo with the black bird on it.
As Charlie B. told me, learn to use the pen tool. Thats if you have one. I use Adobe cs3. look on you-tube for tutorials on you software. They really helped me.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:06 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rcjunky10

I would email OOC and get his advice. he fixed teh problem. http://www.oocrcracing.com/
Old 04-14-2009, 03:24 AM
Tech Champion

Has anyone had the problem of the cutter not finishing the path its on. I noticed that my big 52" cutter would do this, but now the craft robo is doing it as well. I'm sure that the paths are completed, becaused I traced them. Just wondering if there is something I'm overlooking. Thanks.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:51 AM
Tech Rookie

I have had a similar problem w/ my Robo and detailed designs. I found that slowing down the cutting speed solved it. Not sure why but it worked
Old 04-14-2009, 11:10 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by kjam
I have had a similar problem w/ my Robo and detailed designs. I found that slowing down the cutting speed solved it. Not sure why but it worked
Cool, thanks man.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 227 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
Mine installed on Vista, but I checked and mine is 32 bit. Are you sure you loaded a 64 bit driver? If so, you might want to un-install the program, and then install the 64 bit driver first then install the program. The program won't reconize another driver if its been installed after the software has been installed. This is straight from the tech dept. at craft robo. Hope this helps.
Thanks Mudvayne...I found the 64 bit driver and now she's off and running!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.