Like Tree10Likes

Vinyl Cutters!

Old 02-01-2009, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

No I can't save as .eps. I can save as AI and about everything else it seems. I noticed I can Export it as .EPS but I get a screen that pops up and gives me some options. Not sure what to change or if I should leave the settings alone. Here are the screen shots.

I appreciate the help. Thanks,
Old 02-01-2009, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
I am looking for the Adobe creative suite software, full version. The part number I "Think" I need is 65019371 . But I am not sure, since I have seen it listed as full version and as an update for the same part number?
Since I have niether Illustrator or Photoshop, I need full version for Windows.

I have also seen it for $485 up to $1799, ?

I am working on a line of T shirts and Hats for racers that will be sold under the name, Get Faster Gear, and I need to convert all my sketches.
Would be cool to be able to do my own logos for paint work also.

Thanks for any help computer savy dudes.

...Jim
W.E.D.
I just purchased Adobe Creative Suite 4 from Academic Superstore at a great price. If you or a family member is a student, they give large discounts on all Adobe software. Here is there link.
http://www.academicsuperstore.com/eligibility/k12
Old 02-01-2009, 08:31 PM
Tech Adept

For any file conversion issues, consult a free program called ImageMagick.

It can be downloaded at http://www.imagemagick.org/script/index.php

Some of the conversions are done by command line (but don't run screaming!) it is very, very easy. There is also wonderful documentation provided.

A simply .tiff to .jpg conversion can be as easy as...

convert myimage.tiff myimage.jpg

There are tons and tons more 'switches' there called (things that look like -size -width etc.) however that is just added functionality. ImageMagick is so powerful that many image processing application use it on the back end. What it can and cannot do is documented well on the website.

Hope this helps. If you have a specific question about it let me know.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2fst2c
No I can't save as .eps. I can save as AI and about everything else it seems. I noticed I can Export it as .EPS but I get a screen that pops up and gives me some options. Not sure what to change or if I should leave the settings alone. Here are the screen shots.
I appreciate the help. Thanks,
Since it is an export it really isnt going to hurt anything if you try sending the file out with no changes and see how it works. If you have an issue with the plotter after you send the file out let us know and maybe then when can make a suggestion on what you need to change.

You might also want to search the USCutters forums for information about X2 SignCut pluggin for Corel X. If memory serves me there is a fairly cheap pluggin from SignCut that allows you to cut directly from Corel X.

I have no idea what the cost is or even where to find it but I do remember reading about it when I was researching the USCutters cause I thought it was odd to have the ability to cut from Corel X but not Adobe Illustrator.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Thanks for that info. I will check both those sites and see what I can come up with. It would be sweet if I could cut right from Corel X! Would even spend some money to do so. I tried to export from Corel to SB and it works, except when I go to cutter it says something to the effect of File contains a Bitmap, only Non-Bitmap will cut. So I need to change something. I'll search those sites and if I have issues I'll post them. Thanks again!
Old 02-04-2009, 04:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (94%+)
Default customs logos and vinyl stickers

Hi im looking for someone that does custom team logos and vinyl stickers for 1/18 to 1/10 scale cars please p.m. me if you make custom vinyls
Old 02-04-2009, 04:44 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro psyco
Hi im looking for someone that does custom team logos and vinyl stickers for 1/18 to 1/10 scale cars please p.m. me if you make custom vinyls
Old 02-04-2009, 05:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Cutter any good....

Charlie.. tried to find you over IM... you werent on...

can anyone comment on the 12" USCutter...

here's a sample on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/USCutter-12-Viny...1|293:1|294:50
Old 02-05-2009, 04:38 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Uscutter makes a great Cutter. That is a 12" Refine Cutter. for what you want to use it for, it would be just fine.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Tech Regular

Charlie_B - Between US Cutter 12" vs Craft Robo, which one is better? and more quiet? Is there a local store in Orange CO, CA sell US Cutter stuff? Thanks
Old 02-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rcracingzone
Charlie_B - Between US Cutter 12" vs Craft Robo, which one is better? and more quiet? Is there a local store in Orange CO, CA sell US Cutter stuff? Thanks
You can either get Us cutter from Ebay or Direct. As far as better...it is a trade off.

Us Cutter is 4" wider.
Craft robo has an "eye" for Reg marks.

What is more important to you? Also, i think the US Cutter is cheaper...again..it is a toss up.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by charlie_b
You can either get Us cutter from Ebay or Direct. As far as better...it is a trade off.

Us Cutter is 4" wider.
Craft robo has an "eye" for Reg marks.

What is more important to you? Also, i think the US Cutter is cheaper...again..it is a toss up.

Dont forget the ability to find media that will feed in the Robo without the feeder sheet!!!

That is one of the big reasons I switched from the Robo to a USCutter. I had a hard time finding 8.5 inch vinyl to feed through the Robo and I hated using the sticky media sheet to feed vinyl smaller than 8.5 inches.

You can find 12 inch vinyl all day long for roughly the same price as the 8inch stuff!!!
Old 02-06-2009, 12:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Newbie

Great info here. I am having a hard time tracing logos to be able to make masks.
I am trying to do real CORR truck repilcas for the slashes. I cant seem to figure out a way to make clean outlines to cut with my Craft Robo. I have AI CS4, Inkscape, and the Robo software.

Logos I have tried so far are .jps I find on the internet, then I auto trace them and convert to DXF files but the lines are no where near sharp clean lines. Any help would be awesome. Shortcuts anything? I have no graphics software experience except for what I have learned the last 2 nights. Maybe a AI for dummies book? Do they work?
Old 02-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

You will need to clean them up by hand.

Auotraces will get you close, but needs to start with a highest res pic as possible.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jake O
Great info here. I am having a hard time tracing logos to be able to make masks.
I am trying to do real CORR truck repilcas for the slashes. I cant seem to figure out a way to make clean outlines to cut with my Craft Robo. I have AI CS4, Inkscape, and the Robo software.

Logos I have tried so far are .jps I find on the internet, then I auto trace them and convert to DXF files but the lines are no where near sharp clean lines. Any help would be awesome. Shortcuts anything? I have no graphics software experience except for what I have learned the last 2 nights. Maybe a AI for dummies book? Do they work?
No need for books, there are a lot of tutorials online. The tutorial you will need is for the PENTOOL. Look it up. Once you master that, you will never use the autotrace feature again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.