Like Tree10Likes

Vinyl Cutters!

Old 01-25-2009, 06:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

At work, we have a Gerber Envision plotter. I can't seem to figure out how to import files into the Omega software. I also have installed Flexi on the printer/plotter computer, but I can't seem to get anything I make in AI to show up when it's imported. Is there anything special I have to do in Illustrator to get it to work correctly?

Also, just out of curiousity what material are pit boards? We manufacture custom printed dry erase boards, and the stuff we do sublimation printing to would make an excellent pit board I'm thinking. The stuff we use is 1/4" or 1/8" printable hardboard.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by charlie_b
Contact John at OOCrcracing.com he can help you.
Thanks for the info. I will try John.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SteveL
Is Corel Draw a decent software for creating decals? Reason I ask is that my wife has it allready and I have played with it a little, all be it a long time ago. I want to basically make custom size and color decals for my own use using an ink jet printer.

If you think it will work, can I scan an image and then use that to scale and change colors?
It will work just fine for what you are wanting to do.
Just make sure you get a sticker kit from someone like OOC Racing that is inkjet compatible if not you will get a nice wet mess!!!

Originally Posted by J_Fowler
At work, we have a Gerber Envision plotter. I can't seem to figure out how to import files into the Omega software. I also have installed Flexi on the printer/plotter computer, but I can't seem to get anything I make in AI to show up when it's imported. Is there anything special I have to do in Illustrator to get it to work correctly?

Also, just out of curiousity what material are pit boards? We manufacture custom printed dry erase boards, and the stuff we do sublimation printing to would make an excellent pit board I'm thinking. The stuff we use is 1/4" or 1/8" printable hardboard.

I am not sure about your Omega software but as far as importing into Flexi you need to save the AI file as either a EPS or AI format Illustrator Version 8 or lower. Anything thing above Illy 8 and you run a chance of Flexi not reading the lines correctly.

Heres a screen shot of how to change the version option.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

hey guys
My wife is getting a click and cut maxx15" cutting thingy. Will I be able to mak my own stickers on that? Hopefully I can make some stickers for my rigs!
Old 01-26-2009, 02:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NeoNot
It will work just fine for what you are wanting to do.
Just make sure you get a sticker kit from someone like OOC Racing that is inkjet compatible if not you will get a nice wet mess!!!

I am not sure about your Omega software but as far as importing into Flexi you need to save the AI file as either a EPS or AI format Illustrator Version 8 or lower. Anything thing above Illy 8 and you run a chance of Flexi not reading the lines correctly.

Heres a screen shot of how to change the version option.
Awesome... Got it to work through both Omega and Flexisign... Can't wait to get a new body to airbrush to try some flames or drips on....
Old 01-30-2009, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Just got Adobe Illustrator and have a question. How exactly do I use my drawing to cut? I have a craftrobo pro.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

anyone interested in a legit copy of Flexisign 8.5? I switched platforms and had to buy a new one. It will come with the original passowrd paper work and the dongle key. It is for Windows. Please email me at [email protected]
Old 01-31-2009, 07:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xrayzone
Just got Adobe Illustrator and have a question. How exactly do I use my drawing to cut? I have a craftrobo pro.
You will need to install Adobe Illustrator then reinstall the Craft Robo software so you can install the Adobe Plugin as well. Once that is done I think everything else you need to know is covered in this thread.

http://cfxpaintworks.com/modules.php...9c72d2e8c81a42
Old 01-31-2009, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

I am looking for the Adobe creative suite software, full version. The part number I "Think" I need is 65019371 . But I am not sure, since I have seen it listed as full version and as an update for the same part number?
Since I have niether Illustrator or Photoshop, I need full version for Windows.

I have also seen it for $485 up to $1799, ?

I am working on a line of T shirts and Hats for racers that will be sold under the name, Get Faster Gear, and I need to convert all my sketches.
Would be cool to be able to do my own logos for paint work also.

Thanks for any help computer savy dudes.

...Jim
W.E.D.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:52 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

You can get some the older versions much cheaper as well.

No need for CS4 unless your running 64Bit Vista.

I use CS3 currently.

But, plan to go to CS4 to take advantage of the 8Gb of Ram in my design machine.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Bingo, 64 bit Vista!

I have a new PC and went thru all hell trying to get my Dr Stika to work with it. Finally had to repair my old PC and redo it's hard drive to run the Stika, this software won't let me, since there are no drivers for 64 bit Vista.

But I do like the 22 inch monitor and 750 gig hard drive, 4 gig ram, etc.

...Jim
W.E.D.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Ok, I've read through this thread and still have a question. I just got a USCutters machine, and want to use CorelDraw X4 to do some jobs. How can I get if from Corel to SignBlazer? It needs to be saved as a .SBD file and that is not an option in Corel. Thanks,
Old 02-01-2009, 06:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2fst2c
Ok, I've read through this thread and still have a question. I just got a USCutters machine, and want to use CorelDraw X4 to do some jobs. How can I get if from Corel to SignBlazer? It needs to be saved as a .SBD file and that is not an option in Corel. Thanks,

Save as a .ESP, then go to SB, go to import and open it. SB will open .ESP

I do not have Corel, but I assume you can save as a .ESP
Old 02-01-2009, 06:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
Bingo, 64 bit Vista!

I have a new PC and went thru all hell trying to get my Dr Stika to work with it. Finally had to repair my old PC and redo it's hard drive to run the Stika, this software won't let me, since there are no drivers for 64 bit Vista.

But I do like the 22 inch monitor and 750 gig hard drive, 4 gig ram, etc.

...Jim
W.E.D.
It's the same for the craftrobo pro 64 bit vista driver isn't going to be avaliable until late this summer they said so as of now, I can't do anything.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NeoNot
You will need to install Adobe Illustrator then reinstall the Craft Robo software so you can install the Adobe Plugin as well. Once that is done I think everything else you need to know is covered in this thread.

http://cfxpaintworks.com/modules.php...9c72d2e8c81a42
Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.