Like Tree10Likes

Vinyl Cutters!

Old 09-19-2021, 02:58 PM
Suspended

Default Vinyl Cutters

I personally use Flexisign 7.5 and love it.
Old 10-28-2021, 12:11 PM
Tech Rookie

That one is good, for beginners especially. A vinyl cutter is the first tool I recommend having when working with vinyl. It's a machine that allows users to cut vinyl more quickly and efficiently, especially when the designs are sophisticated. Computer printers are analogous to vinyl cutters. You must first make a design in the cutter's accompanying software. The design will then be sent to the machine, which will be loaded with a sheet of vinyl. Watch as the cutter cuts your pattern into the vinyl automatically. You can always get a vinyl cutting machine from here, the best models which are on the market right now.

Last edited by keneltyler; 11-02-2021 at 07:42 AM.
Old 06-12-2023, 09:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Anybody try cutting your own chassis protector? Interested in material thoughts etc. from anyone who’s tried.
Old 06-12-2023, 11:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rallyfever
Anybody try cutting your own chassis protector? Interested in material thoughts etc. from anyone who’s tried.
yes, i put decals on my chassis and went to the office supply store and got some sticky clear stuff used to cover important documents. Im sorry i cant remember the correct name for it. An exacto knife should finish the job. Keep in mind you may need a heat gun if you decide to remove it.
Old 06-13-2023, 07:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Interesting, hadn't thought of the document protector film. I was thinking of giving clear paint protection film for automotive applications a try. The unknown with the PPF is the cutting process. I believe it is pretty thick in comparison to typical sign vinyl. I know there is the Jconcepts blank protector films, but I am hoping for a matte finish or color. 😁

I have been considering the underlay graphics method as you were describing.

You have any pictures of how they turn out?
Old 03-13-2024, 10:11 PM
Tech Rookie

The lastest version 5.03.xx of easy cut studio work with any cutting plotter. You can download the trial verison
and give it a try. very easy to use.

Old 03-13-2024, 10:11 PM
Tech Rookie

I personally use easy cut studio 5 and love it.