Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

Vinyl Cutters!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 11:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Do you need any special program to make the decal?
Old 02-02-2019, 05:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by wingracer
Any recomendations on a good, small, not too expensive cutter as well as where to get it and all the supplies?
us cutter
Old 02-02-2019, 05:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by grumpyduck
Do you need any special program to make the decal?
depends on how nice you want your stickers. a latex printer is the way to go.
Old 03-21-2019, 11:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello everyone, I introduce myself, I'm Pedro, I've been using the cameo 3 plotter for over a year now, and to date very well and easy to use, I use it for sponsoring windows and some other ideas.
Old 03-23-2019, 02:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by johnny boy
What kind of printer do you need to do the kind if work stickit1 and upgraderc use too do to create name stickers and sponsor stickers?
Upgrade and stickit1 use what is called a Gerber Machine. 20k for their chrome decals. Regular decals are printed on vinyl wrap media.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ceh329
What is a good cheap cutter ( Other Than and Exacto ) just to do custom window masks?
I have a US cuter sc25. If you are just looking to do window masks you can get by with an MH series.
Old 06-08-2019, 04:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Default USCutter vs Cameo3

I have narrowed down my purchase to the cameo 3 or the US Cutter SC25 I am planning on using a Mac so I can't use vinyl master and have to get the other us cutter software. It seems the software that comes with the cameo is compatable with both. Will I be at a disadvantage in the printing world using a Mac vs a Windows device? Also does the SC25 do more than the Cameo? I will be doing RC masking/stencils and stickers and may get into tshirts. Any guidance appreciated.
petersen114 likes this.
Old 12-27-2019, 05:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CBoogie
I have narrowed down my purchase to the cameo 3 or the US Cutter SC25 I am planning on using a Mac so I can't use vinyl master and have to get the other us cutter software. It seems the software that comes with the cameo is compatable with both. Will I be at a disadvantage in the printing world using a Mac vs a Windows device? Also does the SC25 do more than the Cameo? I will be doing RC masking/stencils and stickers and may get into tshirts. Any guidance appreciated.
I have a mid 2015 MacBook Pro and use the scal 5 pro software (Sure Cuts A lot 5 Pro) with my SC 25" plotter. I started out w/ scal 3 pro back in early 2016. The only issue I had was when I updated to Catalina, but scal has fixed the issue soon after the update. Works flawlessly for me. The sc plotter is way much better than the Cameo imho, and yes it does more. If you get the sc make sure to get the stand for it as it has rollers so you can buy rolls of vinyl. For masking I use ORACAL white 631 indoor vinyl. Works out perfect.

Last edited by petersen114; 12-27-2019 at 05:54 AM. Reason: na
Old 01-05-2020, 09:10 AM
Tech Rookie

If you supply the templates we can print them in full color and ship to you at a very affordable price. Hit us up on Facebook at @CobbCompany or you can get more information at cobbcotechhobby.com. Our printer/cutter is the state of the art model from Roland and the color quality is insane so we can do full-color spectrum prints and get full vibrant colors including orange.
Old 05-03-2020, 05:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Default I own a silhouette cameo (Vinyl cutter +) and can cut for you

Hello Everyone, my boyfriend recently got me into painting his RC bodies for him. I have a Silhouette Cameo and can cut for you, if you need someone to help you out just hollar! I am very experienced with my machine and the design studio that comes with the silhouette cameo allows me to create designs of any sort at the touch of a button. I am very creative and enjoy doing this kind of stuff. I can create literally anything (logos, stencils, stickers, you name it) just give me an idea of what you are going for or if you have already the deign thats even easier. Just email me your blueprints, I can convert literally any picture into a cut file in my studio. I offer my assistance because I couldn't imagine trying to do this without my cutter (it is much more than a cutter it draws to and can cut just about any kind of material you can think of from magnet material to foil and cork board) so just thought I would reach out to the community! If it wasn't for this forum I would have been beyond lost as to how to paint and handle the RC bodies I have done, so it is the least I can do to show my appreciation. Thanks for all the help and tips! - Cheers
Old 05-03-2020, 06:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bossy Blonde
Hello Everyone, my boyfriend recently got me into painting his RC bodies for him. I have a Silhouette Cameo and can cut for you, if you need someone to help you out just hollar! I am very experienced with my machine and the design studio that comes with the silhouette cameo allows me to create designs of any sort at the touch of a button. I am very creative and enjoy doing this kind of stuff. I can create literally anything (logos, stencils, stickers, you name it) just give me an idea of what you are going for or if you have already the deign thats even easier. Just email me your blueprints, I can convert literally any picture into a cut file in my studio. I offer my assistance because I couldn't imagine trying to do this without my cutter (it is much more than a cutter it draws to and can cut just about any kind of material you can think of from magnet material to foil and cork board) so just thought I would reach out to the community! If it wasn't for this forum I would have been beyond lost as to how to paint and handle the RC bodies I have done, so it is the least I can do to show my appreciation. Thanks for all the help and tips! - Cheers
How you make printed stickers? If so what was your method?
Old 05-18-2020, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I recently purchased a Silhouette Cameo 4. Which vinyl should I use for decals on the outside of the body? What about paint masks?

Thank you.
daveb likes this.
Old 08-01-2020, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

What do you use for transfer tape?
Old 11-10-2020, 12:00 PM
Tech Initiate

I prefer

https://www.uscutter.com/RTape-Clear...ion-Tape-100yd

RTape AT75 transfer tape. You can get it from US cutter.

I like to use Avery Dennison SF 100 Paint Mask Stencil Film which is also available from US cutter.

Last edited by RC10B2; 11-10-2020 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 05-12-2021, 03:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by wingracer
Any recomendations on a good, small, not too expensive cutter as well as where to get it and all the supplies?
There are only a few choices for printing on vinyl for items smaller than 48 inches "+ machines with a large footprint You should search for used Versacamm machines from Roland in the 30-36 year range "a large number of options
The Roland BN-20 is also available. This is a relatively new computer with some impressive capabilities (CMYK + White capability, Print+Cut).
The majority of new plotters will come with applications to run them. Others have very small simple programmes that are mostly intended for cutting, such as Graphtec's Illustrator plugin (not designing). If you're doing this commercially, Flexi-sign is a full-featured design package that I highly recommend.
Top vinyl cutters giving best reviews about plotters ranging from "hobby" to "industrial" grade. Roland, Graphtec, Mimaki, and Summa will all produce top-of-the-line commercial plotters that will last years, if not decades. All those are knockoffs of the real thing (not to suggest they won't do the job or do it well, but their longevity will be questioned).
I'm 26 years old "Graphtec (scored off CL) for home use, which is possibly 15 years old at this stage. It's all going well.
I still suggest a 24" plotter for plotters "or a plotter that is larger. It opens up a plethora of possibilities. Remember that you won't be able to cut the entire width of the material you're using, so if you have a 15" plotter and 15" thick material, plan accordingly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.