Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!] >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree294Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 09:00 PM
Tech Adept

Hey all I just got word that the new body is A 71 AMC Javelin jus kiddin happy april fools day
Old 04-02-2010, 08:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

cruel cruel world we live in.....its gotta be a Firebird aka Trans-am...it only makes sense...how we going have a Trans-am class with no Trans-ams?...lol

but thinking about it something from Mopar would be good as well....
Old 04-02-2010, 09:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
cruel cruel world we live in.....its gotta be a Firebird aka Trans-am...it only makes sense...how we going have a Trans-am class with no Trans-ams?...lol

andy just announced that it won't be a chrysler (meaning challenger possibly javelin see prank) so I think that means Firebird
Old 04-02-2010, 09:56 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by super lates
The parma cuda body is really a Challenger. Change the grill area and tail lights to a Challenger. The Hpi is a cuda, by the way the body sides don't have body line from front to back, where on a Challenger there is a body line front to back. I just got done Saturday, A Larry Detjens Challenger From the early 70's done. Hand painted as close as I could. Nelstromous will be at the wheel Thursday night for his first VTA race. In testing Sunday he kicked butt, for right out of the box. Pictures coming soon.
iff it is a challenger, they did a pretty good job of covering it up buuuut i suppose that if u can make it look like one headlights and all it could work (albeit it might not be pretty) also post pics i was thinking about making a Sam Posey Challenger and this might be a accurate fix
Old 04-02-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

The rub with that is Trans ams didn't even run in Trans Am, engine too big. But i will be just as happy with the firebird body anyway.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My latest body I ran at the R.O.A.R. Carpet Nationals
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-2010roar-nats.jpg  
Old 04-02-2010, 09:29 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
My latest body I ran at the R.O.A.R. Carpet Nationals
nice Mustang...how did the racing go...anybody do a report?...what was the turn-out?
Old 04-03-2010, 02:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

The parma cuda body is really a Challenger. Change the grill area and tail lights to a Challenger. The Hpi is a cuda, by the way the body sides don't have body line from front to back, where on a Challenger there is a body line front to back. I just got done Saturday, A Larry Detjens Challenger From the early 70's done. Hand painted as close as I could. Nelstromous will be at the wheel Thursday night for his first VTA race. In testing Sunday he kicked butt, for right out of the box. Pictures coming soon.
heres the detjens body and your trickle body,they both turned out great and look awesome on the track.i even got a donut from a camaro on the detjens body.i didnt think i was gonna like vta racing untill i did it,now i look forward to it and i actualy feel kind of honored to run the detjens body
well here they are ,enjoy

Old 04-03-2010, 05:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

nice Mustang...how did the racing go...anybody do a report?...what was the turn-out?
R.O.A.R. is supposed to do a report soon we had a total of 97 entries I think.
Only 2 heats of V T/A it was too bad you and your crew could not make it over for this one.....
Old 04-03-2010, 05:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by northsydryd
heres the detjens body and your trickle body,they both turned out great and look awesome on the track.i even got a donut from a camaro on the detjens body.i didnt think i was gonna like vta racing untill i did it,now i look forward to it and i actualy feel kind of honored to run the detjens body
well here they are ,enjoy

looks good and it evenlooks alittle bit like a challenger
Old 04-03-2010, 08:20 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
R.O.A.R. is supposed to do a report soon we had a total of 97 entries I think.
Only 2 heats of V T/A it was too bad you and your crew could not make it over for this one.....
cool...sounds like I missed out on that one...will you be bringing that National title the the...plug....

USVTA SCALE CHAMPIONSHIPS
May 1 & 2 2010 Sat-Trans Am & RCGT, Sun- Mini and F1
Doors open 7am, Race 10am each day
The Track @ Harbor Hobby, Winthrop Harbor, IL
(Indoor Carpet track-Hobby shop on site)

$35 1st class, $10 each additional class
Address:
1225 Sheridan Rd.
Suite H
Winthrop Harbor, IL
(847) 246-1762
http://www.harbor-hobby.net/

USVTA will be the CURRENT rules on the website with the following
No one ways - diff or spool only

Tekin max Vegas 200 NO TURBO
Mamba pro NO CHEAT MODE
LRP SPX profile 4
LRP TC Spec profile 6
LRP SPHERE Comp profile 6
KO BMC TBD
SpeedPassion Software versions 091231 and any software start with 10XXXX are illegal
No Black diamonds whatsoever
Final ESC rules will be announced before the race...will be very similar to Novak race, timing may be restricted as well

RCGT
17.5 motor / ESC as above
Only HPI part #4495 26mm Pro-compound Belted tires with Stock inserts allowed
Only 26mm rims that are Non-Dish rims
Any 190mm or 200mm GT or non ROAR body is allowed so no “Race” body…i.e. Stratus, Mazda 6, Alfa etc.
Only the wings that come with the body or after market molded plastic TC wings from HPI can be used….no Mazda or race body wings can be fitted.
1450g

F1
Any RWD 2wd F1 car
foam or rubber tires
Silver can motors >>13,500 rpm limit

Mini
Any 2wd mini car
rubber tires
Silver can motors >>13,500 rpm limit
Old 04-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Challenger

Charlie Brown, I have a friend that drag raced a real Challenger for years. And a friend of his has a Cuda. The biggest thing is the body line front to rear. The Cuda is a smooth sided car. The bodies are very close, on the real cars and the 1/10 scale bodies. I hope the pictures Nelstrodomous put on rctech shows the body line front to rear. The only thing is the hood. I wish it was flat, instead of the Hemi scoop, well can't have everything. Nelstrodomous did great driving in the VTA race Thursday night, for the first time out. Everyone likes the Detjens car alot. One of the racers there, got to sit in the 25 Detjens car when he was 4 or 5 years old, and started it by accident. His dad help on the Camaros after the Challenger.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:39 AM
Tech Adept

Charlie Brown, I have a friend that drag raced a real Challenger for years. And a friend of his has a Cuda. The biggest thing is the body line front to rear. The Cuda is a smooth sided car. The bodies are very close, on the real cars and the 1/10 scale bodies. I hope the pictures Nelstrodomous put on rctech shows the body line front to rear. The only thing is the hood. I wish it was flat, instead of the Hemi scoop, well can't have everything. Nelstrodomous did great driving in the VTA race Thursday night, for the first time out. Everyone likes the Detjens car alot. One of the racers there, got to sit in the 25 Detjens car when he was 4 or 5 years old, and started it by accident. His dad help on the Camaros after the Challenger.
good I see now i'm going to do a Sam posey Challenger next the reason why the hood scoop is there is because Parma designed it to be a cuda
Old 04-04-2010, 08:40 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

real Detjens Challenger thanx for idea Super Lateshttp://rides.webshots.com/photo/1012...7751WySEvwjgrQ btw how do you convert the Cuda body to a Challenger and yes the real one has a scoop so A+ job on body
Old 04-04-2010, 10:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Something to keep in mind, though perhaps not CRITICALLY important, is that the 'Cuda and Challenger are not twins like the Camaro and Firebird which have the same wheelbase and share other dimensions, etc. The 'Cuda and Challenger are more like the Mustang and Cougar, sister cars that share much componentry but are dimensionally different.

The Challenger is the larger of the Mopar siblings, running about 2" longer wheelbase if memory serves. I believe the difference is between the rear edge of the door and the front of the rear wheel well. The Cougar and Mustang are a whopping 4" difference and would be more easily seen if each pair were "scaled" to a common chassis length as has been done for most of our 1/10 bodies.

I guess as long as the front and rear look distinctly like the car(s) they represent then we can forgive the "fudging" of wheelbases and overall lengths, though I think the Cougar would suffer and come out looking "squatty".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.