Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!] >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree294Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
great paint ideas here

vta racing - Bing images
How does one post a picture here? I took a pic with this tablet, emailed it to myself, saved it to everything you can save a picture to, downloaded it twice... what do I do to it to get a URL?
Old 07-22-2017, 09:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by St. George
Haha, it actually was not intentional! The little nut fell off when I was running it a few weeks ago. I just replaced it with a new one, maybe I should take it off again! However, that's really the look I was going for, a stripped down racer with basic steel wheels. Glad you like it!
Some chinese manufacturer has steelies with tires for like $6 they look cool, white and black,and they actually have tiny chrome bolts through the back and nuts on the front to look like lug nuts...
Gonna be a bit embarrassing if that's what yall are talking about above, I can't see the pictures.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:34 PM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=roosterreagan;14982323]How does one post a picture here? I took a pic with this tablet, emailed it to myself, saved it to everything you can save a picture to, downloaded it twice... what do I do to it to get a URL?[/QUOTE

'MERICA!!]
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-20170722_102451-1.jpg  
Old 08-06-2017, 12:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Pink paint

Originally Posted by Jerem
Hi,

Here my D.O.T. scheme for our 4th season of French VTA Series !
What paint did you use for the pink

Thanks
Old 08-07-2017, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by roosterreagan
How does one post a picture here? I took a pic with this tablet, emailed it to myself, saved it to everything you can save a picture to, downloaded it twice... what do I do to it to get a URL?
You can directly load it into RCTech as an attachment. When you post, or reply to a post, you will see a "Manage Attachments" button when you scroll down. That's where you upload your image file. Some pages won't let you upload super high resolution images. So, you may have to cut them down first.

If you are posting from another site, get the properties of the image (the image address) and paste that into the IMG button window. See the little square yellow button with mountains in it in the tool bar choices.

Hope that helps.
Old 09-03-2017, 07:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default What decals and color work best?

I'd like to replicate this car, It looks like the HPI #17546 works perfectly. But, does the HPI body come with the decals for the side and top stripes? or would I need to paint those?

Besides the base yellow, what paint should I get? Chrome brush-on paint for the bumper and black brush-on paint for the spoiler and window outlines?

Also, what are your go-to decal kits for numbers and advertisers?
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-ford-mustang-boss-302-vta.jpg  
Old 09-03-2017, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

The first challenge will be finding the body.
Old 09-03-2017, 08:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default new plan

Originally Posted by NutDriver
The first challenge will be finding the body.
Welp, just realized Im gonna need to buy a different shell. I thought "active powersports" stocked it but a quick search says they're just some dropshipping company that takes weeks to ship.

I guess I'll go for the same look with the J-71 cause I want to race in the next 2 weeks. Anybody have a clue when the next wave of bodies will be stocked?
Old 09-03-2017, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Exclamation

Originally Posted by gauss
Welp, just realized Im gonna need to buy a different shell. I thought "active powersports" stocked it but a quick search says they're just some dropshipping company that takes weeks to ship.

I guess I'll go for the same look with the J-71 cause I want to race in the next 2 weeks. Anybody have a clue when the next wave of bodies will be stocked?
Use the new PF Mustang !!!!
gauss likes this.
Old 09-04-2017, 07:44 AM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Or the McAllister Racing mustang
Old 09-05-2017, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gauss
I'd like to replicate this car, It looks like the HPI #17546 works perfectly. But, does the HPI body come with the decals for the side and top stripes? or would I need to paint those?

Besides the base yellow, what paint should I get? Chrome brush-on paint for the bumper and black brush-on paint for the spoiler and window outlines?

Also, what are your go-to decal kits for numbers and advertisers?
This is as close as you can get to the Parnelli Jones Boss Mustang with the HPI body/stock decals. The upper hood decals were not complete on this one. I airbrushed this one a few years ago.

ASM and THEBIGBULL like this.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IndyHobbies.com
This is as close as you can get to the Parnelli Jones Boss Mustang with the HPI body/stock decals. The upper hood decals were not complete on this one. I airbrushed this one a few years ago.

Badass
Old 10-14-2017, 10:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
I want to make a rear spoiler for my McAllister Cougar body. I've watched a few youtube videos on bending various plastics, so have some ideas. However, I wanted to see if anyone has any personal experience/advice on making their own r/c car spoilers.

I also had the idea of just cutting a rectangular piece of flat lexan or nylon and attaching it to the rear deck lid. A rear wing was an option on the Cougar, just like the Mustangs of that era. Of course if I you could just buy the rear wing from the HPI Boss Mustang, that would be perfect.

One other thought would be to get someone to 3D print a hard plastic wing or bolt on spoiler.

I'm not looking for any aero advantage. I just like the look of the wing on the back of the Cougar. Below are a few pics of Cougars with a wing and a spoiler...

any luck on the eliminator style wing for the Cougar? i am trying to do the same thing and adding a hood scoop for the eliminator package look also.
Old 10-14-2017, 11:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flyingm
Here's an option a customer did with our Cuda. Would probably work on the Cougar as well....
any idea where that part is available or custom made id imagine, doing one of your Cougar shells now and that would be a nice option.
Old 10-15-2017, 12:37 PM
Tech Regular

After a full Summer of racing the VTA class, it's time for a new body and paint....
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-286-301-69-mustang-vta.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-286-308-69-mustang-vta.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-286-303-69-mustang-vta.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-286-312-69-mustang-vta.jpg  
ASM, kwkride, angrymelon and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.