Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!] >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Like Tree267Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Old 03-16-2016, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Sorry again to professor, as my bad memory thought he was a different poster who spent way too much time obsessing about motors. Still doesn't excuse my rant that professor is referring to in his post.

I have spent too much time online and at the track giving people my opinion of what I think is an appropriate paint scheme. It doesn't matter what I think, as long as everyone likes their own paint and is having fun racing.

I will however stand by my opinion that I would prefer to see people find a way to make their signature paint scheme look more period correct when running a vta car. When that isn't possible, at least throw some numbers on the doors and make it look like a race car vs a 1/10 touring car.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Thank you for taking the time to apologize. Accepted and I maybe went a bit far in my defense.

I don't necessarily disagree about your last paragraph. That's why, in the past, I've gone so far as to have scale number plate decals made. As you can see in the one pic, I even had my USVTA numbers made.

One of the best looking bodies I've seen is the recently posted light blue Camaro with the yellow #5 on it. Simple and clean car. Maybe my next body will emulate that.
Old 03-17-2016, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

TheProffessor, I'm not sure that I understand your reaction. It sounds like you are not happy with the responses you received to the photos you posted. I don't think calling us "sheep" is appropriate or warranted.

The Vintage Trans Am class is a class of cars that are supposed to resemble Vintage Trans Am racers of the past. Real cars or "could have been" cars. That's what the class is all about. Vintage.

You posted your photos on the Vintage Trans Am page, we assume so that you could show them to people and get feedback? You even said the scheme is not period correct and that you prefer flashy.

We are agreeing with you that its not period correct, that's all. I don't think anyone said it wasn't good looking paint. It just doesn't fit the class, which is the same thing you said.
Old 03-17-2016, 09:10 AM
ASM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Ah, I'm the king of simple paint schemes....LOL
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-mustangcoupe.jpg  
Old 03-17-2016, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Clean and mean ASM. I like it.

Saw this in the Indianapolis St. Pats parade today. 66? 67? Part of the Indy Mustang club. I liked the look. Not colors I would normally choose, but maybe I need to rethink that.
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-image.jpg  
Old 03-17-2016, 11:42 AM
ASM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

INDY - I'm with you. Very nice car but that color combo certainly doesn't do anything for the car. When you look at it, unfortunately it doesn't invoke any inspiration at all lol. The words "wow" or "look at that" certainly don't come to mind

But apparently it did for that guy ha ha!
Old 03-17-2016, 12:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Did anyone check out the BF Goodrich Tirebird
Old 03-17-2016, 02:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Duratrax Pearl Lime

Happy St. Patrick's Day! My green Challenger and the 1:1 scale car that inspired it. More info on it here: http://www.meatballracing.com/vintag...vy-challenger/
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-vta_challenger-768x514.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-1970-ta-challenger.jpg  
Old 03-18-2016, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ASM View Post
INDY - I'm with you. The words "wow" or "look at that" certainly don't come to mind

But apparently it did for that guy ha ha!
How about this one? Vintage Trans Wienermobile!

Haha!

Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-image.jpg  
Old 03-18-2016, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

On a related note, RobK declared that the limited edition "Weiner-mobile" bodies are USGT legal. I've been trying to find one!

Scott
Old 03-18-2016, 09:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IndyHobbies.com View Post
Clean and mean ASM. I like it.

Saw this in the Indianapolis St. Pats parade today. 66? 67? Part of the Indy Mustang club. I liked the look. Not colors I would normally choose, but maybe I need to rethink that.
I painted a Pegasus Hobbies Mach racer almost exactly like that about 6 years ago! I'll have to go digging for pics.

Edit: alas, no luck. And it was 8 years ago! Hard to believe this class has been around that long!
Old 03-18-2016, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

How about this one? Vintage Trans Wienermobile!

Haha!

MAN I wish RC Tech had a LIKE button!!!!!!!

and and and this doesn't get it!!!!!!!
Old 03-24-2016, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

My son was telling me that "vintage Mustangs are such cool cars!" when we were talking about VTA things. We agreed that the new ones are cool too.

But, I tried to tell him about the Mustangs of the 70's and early 80's. Finally I had to show him. Ford hasn't always put "cool" in their design goals for the Mustang. Hopefully none of the lexan body manufacturers will ever make these!

Behold, the 1978 Mustang...

Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-78mustangugly.jpg  
Old 03-24-2016, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My son was telling me that "vintage Mustangs are such cool cars!" when we were talking about VTA things. We agreed that the new ones are cool too.

But, I tried to tell him about the Mustangs of the 70's and early 80's. Finally I had to show him. Ford hasn't always put "cool" in their design goals for the Mustang. Hopefully none of the lexan body manufacturers will ever make these!

Behold, the 1978 Mustang...

For a second, I thought that was a Ford Maverick.
Old 03-24-2016, 11:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mooby64 View Post
For a second, I thought that was a Ford Maverick.
Now lets not get crazy here!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.