Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!] >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree294Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Apex,

I also agree. I would be great to see some additional choices for VTA bodies. Does anyone out there have friends, contacts, or influence with anyone at HPI so maybe we could see some new car models for this class in the very near future.

FYI, it would be nice if the Mustang body could be made of a slightly thicker plastic also like the Camaro model.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Thumbs up

The official answer from the HPI boys is that the interest and enthusiasm is there, but the difficulty and time (and high cost) comes in the licensing of official products. They all know what is wanted by the Trans Am freaks, and the popularity of this class, so I'm sure they are doing their best to produce bodies that their customers want to own.

And I do have it on good information that should a new HPI T/A body become ready for market, we'd hear about it first in the USVTA.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the bad then is your going at it the wrong way. it's not the people at HPI it's the people at GM and Ford and Crysler in the licensing divisions. It's all about getting there product out and showing it in the proper light and quality. the other thing to think about is talking to mccalister or even Cyrul about making body based off a nova or whatever on a short run and calling it a snova or something like that. something as long as you don't do a direct copy they probably won't hassle them much. Dahms use to do it all the time.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
GTOs and Novas aren't really T/A eligible. I don't see why HPI would invest in something that wouldn't be popular (or legal).
Agreed but I would buy a GTO just to paint and have. just one of my more favorite muscle cars. maros & stangs are too numerious for me but will do for now...we'll see what HPI comes up with! I'd prolly buy a Javelin if they make one. Good to know they are paying attention! Other companies need to follow suite or get left behind!
Old 08-13-2008, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Man, you'd think there would be a "statute of limitations" on reproducing older body styles....
Old 08-13-2008, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Thumbs up

The old Bolink molds for classic American cars are still in use, you could always plop one of those on a chassis.

http://www.bolink.com/carbodies.html
Old 08-13-2008, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
The old Bolink molds for classic American cars are still in use, you could always plop one of those on a chassis.

http://www.bolink.com/carbodies.html
boy some of those bodies are nice looking...some not so much.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

HPI has come a long way with their process. I can remember when I thought those Bolink shells were really nice. The newer HPI stuff has really nice undercuts in it. Like the nose of the Cuda. Its pulled a little thin but its very well detailed. I would love to see a GTO as well. Regardless of wether or not I can race it. I would still have one just to bash with.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:36 PM
Tech Addict

Snoop, check this out....where I pulled that gto pic I posted earlier. It's clean....duno know how original but a nice looking car.

http://www.allstarautosfla.com/detai...t-2694674.html

Back to our scheduled programming... Who's got new paint/pics???
Old 08-13-2008, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

...so I wonder on the licensing rights on a '70 Javelin...who do you go to?

AMC shut down, but was last operated by Chrysler, but that I believe was a few years later, maybe even the LATE 70's early 80's.

Did they acquire the marketing rights to the likeness of the vehicles made prior to their ownership? hmmmm (They probably did - )
Old 08-14-2008, 09:19 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by speedsterblade
Snoop, check this out....where I pulled that gto pic I posted earlier. It's clean....duno know how original but a nice looking car.

I love that GTO there used to be a british company called somebodies.uk that made the 74 Trans Am and the Late 60's Vette. Well I guess its the same body style from 69 through about 80-81. Maybe with some minor changes. Anyway it was neat.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:25 AM
Tech Champion

sorry! Double post.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by speedsterblade

ditto...
Old 08-14-2008, 07:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Which of those Bolink bodies would be okay in VTA? I'd love the 'vettes or the charger.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfish
Which of those Bolink bodies would be okay in VTA? I'd love the 'vettes or the charger.
Well, right off the bat - both the 'vette and the charger NEVER ran in Trans-Am competition...

So I'd have to venture to say "neither" of the 2 you like

But I'd ask over in the actual USVTA discussion thread if you want an "official" ok

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.