Fail.

Old 06-18-2008, 03:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Unhappy Fail.

I started off doing well....but I have gotten so many ideas, that I rushed myself and this is the results:

It isn't a total loss; I will buy another HPI Imprezza body and use the same Seibon Carbon / Endless as its main sponsor, but I will switch from spray cans to airbrush, find a new body design, and utilize new detailing and modding tricks I picked along the way, like building front/rear diffusers, modding the front end to add mesh grills and learning how to paint my own custom carbon hoods. Just to think, I used to be pretty good at hooking up bodies......

Inputs and critisim welcome.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

I don't think it looks bad at all. It is a drift car right? I mean it is probably going to get banged up anyway. I'm sure it looks good at speed as it is sliding around the track.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:58 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I think it looks fine. I don't even see any flaws.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
I think it looks fine. I don't even see any flaws.
Well, flaws are there, but it still looks cool.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Well it has been a while since I was doing body after body...I really need to get back into doing my own paint schemes and logos.

I have been learning some new tricks from the guys at Groovy Drift; and I found out some interesting things, like allowing your paint to completely dry before using Shoo Goo. Here are some shots of my newest body the Nissan S15:

I learned how to create my own front splitter, I added mesh grills throughout the front end of the car, and smoked the front and rear lights (found some chrome rc paint that is great for light buckets). I have to start learning how to use my airbrush properly in order to really start painting bodies....I have a great body design in mind coming up....
Old 06-25-2008, 10:18 PM

I think it looks good. Remember, we are not making static models, they are going to be moving at speed.

Cmotif
Old 06-26-2008, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cmotif
I think it looks good. Remember, we are not making static models, they are going to be moving at speed.

Cmotif
They aren't static models....I actually ran the Silvia around the neighborhood. the front splitter held up great....chucked away quitea few rocks out of the way!!

I remember when r/c racing was about looking good too.... That is why companies like Tamiya (they always had highly detailed models) and Yokomo have shells everyone wants. But lately, guys have been doing their own modifications and racing them as well.

Besides, what is the car gonna do while the batteries charge?
Old 06-30-2008, 01:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Those cars look way better than 99% of the airbrush explosion, supposedly custom paint on the window crap with the dish wheels bodies that permeate through so called "touring car" class nowadays. Great job on the bodies.