Wiki Posts
Search

finally ready to paint

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 04:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default finally ready to paint

I have a body that i want to paint some racing stripes on in neon yellow and the car i want to do in purple metal flake. If i am going to do this should i cut it all out first then paint it or paint it and then cut it out? Also when i paint i have to shoot the yellow racing stripes first then shoot my purple mixed with the flake and back it all with white? Info please this will be the first body i have painted. I will be airbrushing it.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

I personaly prefer to cut wheelwells and mounting holes before I paint, it just seems easier. Generally try to paint darkest first and work to the lightest color last, in your case paint the purple first, backed with silver for a bit of pop and then the yellow. You can back the yellow with white or silver. for a final backer use Rust-oleum specialty paint for plastic.

Last edited by chris moore; 03-15-2008 at 07:18 PM.