R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography (https://www.rctech.net/forum/painting-designs-graphics-photography-59/)
-   -   Body Post Holes (https://www.rctech.net/forum/painting-designs-graphics-photography/21080-body-post-holes.html)

GTMilenko 07-09-2003 10:59 PM

Body Post Holes

hey guys , can you please please give me some advice on how to line up body post holes, i spend hours trying to get it right and it never works out for me. its hard because the front body posts are angled so yeah, it makes it difficult to line up. but i just find it difficult in general, so can you PLEASE tell me how you guys do it?

GTMilenko 07-10-2003 12:15 AM

please guy's tell me how you do it? i have a race this weekend so i've got about 15hrs before i have to do it and i don't want to stuff up another body! i see you looking. i'm begging here

davioh 07-10-2003 12:19 AM

get the approx holes...like look from the bottom...and then measure from the side of the body to the place where you marked the hole....if it's not rite on both sides...then do it again...just do it approx and check up...then at the end...make a final check from the bottom...thats how i've done it

GTMilenko 07-10-2003 12:22 AM

thanks davioh, sounds good,how do you deal with the front body posts being on a angle?

davioh 07-10-2003 12:47 AM

you mean bent body posts? i had that problem..so then i switched to aluminium body posts...they are great...if they are too long u can saw them off

GTMilenko 07-10-2003 12:53 AM

no no, the front bodie posts are angled backward

Trippin Freddy 07-10-2003 01:03 AM

you mean that's the way the car is designed?? wierd.
anyway i find the best way is to mark it on the protective film before painting the body, but after that i agree it's a bit of a nightmare. if the bodyposts are at an angle you will have some real trouble, and i'm afraid i can't really help you. just try to get them lined up as closely as you can

CGR 07-10-2003 01:03 AM

I put the body on the car before its painted and mark the posts with a sharpie. Another option is to put a small amount of grease on top of the post and line the body on the car. The grease will mark where to drill the holes.

fatdoggy 07-10-2003 01:03 AM

Why on earth are they angled backwards? :weird: :confused:

Trevor 07-10-2003 02:01 AM

GT, are you talking about the drivers series? If you are, just take your drill with you and someone there will either show you, or maybe even do it for you.

GTMilenko 07-10-2003 03:32 AM

HA- yeah i am! i didn't know anyone else on here was from NZ little own going to the drivers series. thats cool!
anyway can you do the holes even with the body painted?

GTMilenko 07-10-2003 03:35 AM

Originally posted by fatdoggy
Why on earth are they angled backwards? :weird: :confused:
i really don't know, it seems pointless to me aswell! its not extreme.
its a TB EVO III btw

thanks for all your guys help! very helpful! thanks heaps

Jimmy Fukuyama 07-10-2003 11:07 AM

My suggestion

If your front post is angled backwards, then uninstall the front post and replace the post with Q-tip cotton head in the hole and cut it so it's just barely short of the body on the car. Make sure as to body is aligned wheelwell to wheelwell, then on the side of the car, visually look at the front were the Q-tips are angled and mark it with a sharpie marker. That is with a clear unpainted body. Even with a painted body, dip the tip of the Q-tip with paint and mount the painted body on. It should give you a reference.

Bare in mind that this is not foolproof and the Q-tips has to be cut just right so it just barely touches the hood of the body.

Good Luck, happy racing!

Jimmy