Spray can painting...

Old 07-07-2003, 06:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Spray can painting...

right now this would be my first body and i wanted to spray can it instead of buying an airbrush and all that.

can i get that cool metallic glitter color in the can? i think its para or something...

i wanted to do some light blue flames over the silver is that possible with cans??
Old 07-07-2003, 07:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

http://headcase-rc.hypermart.net/ima...aleenflame.jpg

thats the kind of body im looking for love the silver glitter and those same flames but blue...

is that a custom mask or can i buy one like that?

and is that possible with cans?
Old 07-07-2003, 10:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

I think you could do it with cans without very much difficulty. Make sure to scuff your body with sand paper so the paint doesn't chip off as easily (but don't scuff the windows ). Go to www.xxxmain.com and look at some of their many paint masks. They also have internal decals if you want flames the really easy way. But they don't look as cool I think, but they still look cool . All you need to do is mask where you want the flames to be and than spray the silver or what ever color you want the rest of the body to be (do lots of light coats so it doesn't bleed under the paint mask). Than peel off the paint mask and use your metallic color or what ever color the flames are going to be.
You will probably want to invest in an air brush sometime. You will save money on paint because one bottle of air brush paint gets you about 6 times farther than one can of paint. I'm able to do about 2 1/2 1/12 scale bodies with one bottle of Parma Faskolor and it would take me about 2 and a 1/2 cans to paint one body. You can also do a lot more with any air brush and it doesn't smell everything up. I think it's well worth the investment. Just my .02