how long do cans last?

Old 07-04-2003, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

Default how long do cans last?

i purchased some Pactra Polycarb 3 oz. Blue Streak and it only lasted 2.5 really light coats.
I can still see through it. am I missing something. or is this normal or should I complain to our pittyful hobby shop.

I need to buy another can, but do they make larger sizes?

thanks in advance
Old 07-04-2003, 12:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah, I hate that paint cuz there's not much in the can. If you want a body all one color you pretty much have to use 2 or 3 cans. I would suggest buying 2 more cans to finish off the body. I have this problem too, and it sucks. But now I just use an air brush. One little bottle of Faskolor paint will probably do 2 touring car bodies, it does about 2 and a half of my 1/12 bodies. And one bottle of Faskolor paint also costs the same as one can of paint. If I were you I would just go look for someone who's selling an air brush or a good deal on an air brush and get a compressor. You will probably eventually start saving money after quite a few bodies. But I save about 8 bucks on one of my one color bodies now that I use the air brush. And since one of the bottles of Faskolor can do 2 bodies the next one color body I do I will save about 12 bucks . Just my .02
Old 07-04-2003, 03:22 PM
Tech Regular

If you are only getting two and a half light coats out of them, you have a defective can. For a full one color body, you should be getting 5 to 6 coats out of them. Enough to finish the body and have a little left over. Send it back to Testors.
Old 07-04-2003, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by HauntedMyst
If you are only getting two and a half light coats out of them, you have a defective can. For a full one color body, you should be getting 5 to 6 coats out of them. Enough to finish the body and have a little left over. Send it back to Testors.
whats if its already empty?

should I mention that it didn't spray right away but a gewie stuff came out. then after some time and work it finally sprayed.

shoud I test the other cans to see if they emit the gewie paint stuff also?

what would I claim if I called them? defective can that only half the paint it should have?

could the hobby shop I bought it at had something to do with this? (i already hate the place and dont feel like dealing with the owner anymore than I already have)

thanks for the replies but this isn't over yet.
Old 07-04-2003, 11:02 PM
Tech Regular

I would just tell them about the gooey stuff. I once had an old bottle of Testors that sprayed horribly and sent them an email to tell them about it and they not only replaced the one bottle, but sent 6 more. Great customer service.
Old 07-05-2003, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

i could use a few more

I will contect them asap
Old 07-09-2003, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

what do I do now??? they sent me this. do I wait longer or contact them again.
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.

[email protected]

Message/delivery-status

Reporting-MTA: dns;WWW82.rpminc.com
Received-From-MTA: dns;WWW82.rpminc.com
Arrival-Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 14:31:14 -0400

Final-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected]
Action: delayed
Will-Retry-Until: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 14:31:01 -0400