Like Tree7Likes

CFX PAINTWORKS

Old 12-16-2015, 12:53 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Test Panel before i paint with Color on a body. It's pretty rough but figuring out the steps was the purpose of this exercise.
Old 12-18-2015, 02:11 AM
Super Moderator

Done practing with the Ironman Lexan Panel using the Autoair Candy20 blood red for the suit, and Wicked Smoke Black and beige for the skin tone. I think ill do one more portrait before i start on a body.

https://www.facebook.com/charlie.bar...3775223363491/
Old 12-18-2015, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

Oldie paintjob with Darth Maul on the roof. One of my first Mural Paintjobs using Createx back in '98 or so. I think im gonna do a NEW tribute paintjob this week.
Old 12-18-2015, 02:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Nice Charlie! Love the murals!

I know the CFX site has been down for while, do you have any plans to bring it back? I know people always mention the awesome tutorials and information that was available (I'm sure a lot is posted here). Bummed I wasn't painting when the site was up and running.
Old 12-21-2015, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CapOne818
Nice Charlie! Love the murals!

I know the CFX site has been down for while, do you have any plans to bring it back? I know people always mention the awesome tutorials and information that was available (I'm sure a lot is posted here). Bummed I wasn't painting when the site was up and running.
I'd love to bring it back someday..i still have my tutorials but the rest were lost in previous hacks from the servers i rented from. It's also VERY time consuming and kinda hard to pull people away from other forums like RC TECH that generally bring people in for ALL RC needs. After the 3rd time it was hacked, there was just not enough participation and more lurkers on the site to even make it feasible right now. Who knows? I would definitely do a few things differently since now there is MORE of an interest for people to want to paint their own bodies. I guess it will be up to all of you here if you want to get something as exclusive as an RC PAINTING site up again. I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Old 12-23-2015, 02:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

That makes sense. It's not like you have endless amounts of time to deal with the headachs associated with it.

Would be cool to see it happen. I'm sure there are enough painters out there that would help support it.
Old 12-24-2015, 04:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 81 (99%+)

I would help as much as I could if you want to try another go at the site Charlie! I may still have all my pics from my pin-stripe tutorial. Would just need to do the write up again.

But I understand you have a TON on your plate right now. So no rush! But feel free to call on me for any help with website related stuff or anything else. I have Dreamweaver installed and can edit or make stuff as well. Would need to brush up on my Adobe skills though. Been a while! LOL. I know you know how to do all this stuff yourself, but sometimes you just need a hand to keep from going insane! We have been friends for many years. So if there is anything I can do let me know.
Old 12-25-2015, 01:26 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Blacktiger355
I would help as much as I could if you want to try another go at the site Charlie! I may still have all my pics from my pin-stripe tutorial. Would just need to do the write up again.

But I understand you have a TON on your plate right now. So no rush! But feel free to call on me for any help with website related stuff or anything else. I have Dreamweaver installed and can edit or make stuff as well. Would need to brush up on my Adobe skills though. Been a while! LOL. I know you know how to do all this stuff yourself, but sometimes you just need a hand to keep from going insane! We have been friends for many years. So if there is anything I can do let me know.
Thankyou Clay! Appreciate that a lot! It will have to be like that if it were to be relaunched..have a few people help out. Definitely would need extra hands to get it done. WE had a GREAT group...i hope we this can be a reality someday. Everyone was so passionate about our craft. We shall see..maybe some of the old mods might still be interested and have the time to help out as well.
Old 12-26-2015, 02:42 AM
Super Moderator

Painted with the Autoair Candy20 Water Based Candies and Artool Fraiser Skull Template.

Old 12-29-2015, 12:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by charlie_b
Painted with the Autoair Candy20 Water Based Candies and Artool Fraiser Skull Template.
charlie, how was painting with the new Autoair Candy2o? In one video I watched about the paint on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7MJFAcPCpc Simon made it seem like it was very picky about getting even coverage on your first coat so you don't get streaks and I was wondering if you noticed anything along those lines when using it for lexan. And did you thin it down the same way he recommends?
Old 12-29-2015, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by crisis641
charlie, how was painting with the new Autoair Candy2o? In one video I watched about the paint on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7MJFAcPCpc Simon made it seem like it was very picky about getting even coverage on your first coat so you don't get streaks and I was wondering if you noticed anything along those lines when using it for lexan. And did you thin it down the same way he recommends?
I did a 1:10 ratio of Candy and intercoat clear and maybe a drop or two of HPR and that's it. I did a light tack coat first then sprayed as usual. The Candy20's are thinner...so i lowered the psi from 50 to maybe 30 and built my layers like i would any other candy paint.
Old 03-24-2016, 05:17 AM
Super Moderator

Bringing back an old scheme.

Old 03-25-2016, 07:54 PM
Tech Regular

I would love to see the cfx website come back in some form. I wasnt painting back when it was up.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:37 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by SpidarX
I would love to see the cfx website come back in some form. I wasnt painting back when it was up.
We shall see.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:40 AM
Super Moderator

GT10 Love with the PF Caddy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.