Search
Like Tree1Likes

Airbrush Basics Video @ CFX!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 01:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (79%+)
Default Cfx signup help

Hey Charlie awesome work. I'm having trouble with the signup on cfx, no matter how many times I try fill in the info it always says the emails don't match up, I'd really like to get in and see some of the stuff but haven't ren able to join for the past 3 days, is there any way if I gave you some of my info that's required you could make the account for me and pm it to me??
Old 11-01-2009, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by doox00
Which air brush do you recommend for someone who has never air brushed before and primarily will be using it to paint their own rc car bodies.

Also, I have a normal air compressor, like 3hp or something.. can I just use that? I can adjust it to any pressure I want.. it has oil trap/filter thing in it as well.

thanks!
Any compressor that can go as high as 80 psi will do.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:39 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by livetocrawl
Hey Charlie awesome work. I'm having trouble with the signup on cfx, no matter how many times I try fill in the info it always says the emails don't match up, I'd really like to get in and see some of the stuff but haven't ren able to join for the past 3 days, is there any way if I gave you some of my info that's required you could make the account for me and pm it to me??
Ill take a look at it when i get back. Sorry for the late response.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:40 PM
Tech Rookie

I am having trouble getting registered on the cfx site also waiting for approval was the last thing i saw
Old 01-18-2010, 01:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

Just wanted to say thx for the free vids and the time you put in. I learned so much from them. I have a brand new airbrush I bought from LHS on account they where going out of buisness. Had it for almost 2 years now. Never used it. Been really working on getting my onroad car ready to race at the local track. after I get the kinks worked out. I am gonna def learn to paint like that. I registered with your site. Take your time with the approval. Thanks again for all the info.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

I think my system is kinda flawed. So if any of you want to register, just email me at [email protected]
Apparently i am only seeing the spammers and not the real members.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by charlie_b
I think my system is kinda flawed. So if any of you want to register, just email me at [email protected]
Apparently i am only seeing the spammers and not the real members.
I will be registering by the weekend. I received my new compressor that you suggested and once I allow myself some free time I plan on spraying some new asphalt bodies. I still haven't taken the compressor out of the box I have the Iwata to try and be like you and the Aztec for laq based paints only. Gary Deleon (Gadzooks) turned me on to this brush years ago and I've had it ever since. It clogs when using Faskolor paints some so that's where the Iwata comes into play. Faskolor has this awesome bright lime green that I like. I can use the Iwata for both types of paints but the aztecc allows me to be lazy when changing colors. It has quick twist off tips rather than a needle. I think I'm ready to surprise myself and take my time unlike years past.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:58 AM
Super Moderator

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:59 AM
Super Moderator

More to come!
Old 07-23-2010, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 81 (99%+)

Good one Charlie!
Old 08-25-2010, 10:06 AM
Azr
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

wow , i just discover this thread thx cfx
Old 01-28-2011, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Charlie -

Eager to check out your site! Just got my Iwata Kustom Micron and a boatload of paints. How do I browse your forum? I only see a bunch of announcements from new members joining and a few "recent posts". Why doesn't you forum index have an index of forums?

Also, where do I discover your video tutorials? I don't see them on the site.

Thanks for your help!

Mike
Old 01-28-2011, 11:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mdowney
Charlie -

Eager to check out your site! Just got my Iwata Kustom Micron and a boatload of paints. How do I browse your forum? I only see a bunch of announcements from new members joining and a few "recent posts". Why doesn't you forum index have an index of forums?

Also, where do I discover your video tutorials? I don't see them on the site.

Thanks for your help!

Mike
Are you going to the correct site? They changed some things around. You can still access to old one for the information. Below is the new forum.

http://forums.cfxpaintworks.com/
Old 05-22-2011, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

in the streaking tutorial at about 4 min mark charlie takes a paper towel and wipes inside body....what is he doing? Ibviously its after the paiint is dry but curious why
Old 05-23-2011, 05:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

My guess would be getting rid of some overspray.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.