cutting lexan bodies

Old 06-10-2003, 02:29 PM
Tech Rookie

cutting lexan bodies

Hey,

What's the best type of Dremel tool bit to use to cut out a lexan body. I've been a scissor/X-acto knife person up until now but I'm getting a Dremel tool for father's day (from myself!).
Old 06-10-2003, 02:33 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: cutting lexan bodies

Originally posted by Nevermore98
Hey,

What's the best type of Dremel tool bit to use to cut out a lexan body. I've been a scissor/X-acto knife person up until now but I'm getting a Dremel tool for father's day (from myself!).
Normally I only use a dremel's sanding drum to clean up the edges should it need it after the xacto / scissors.

I don't cut the body with the dremel, I'm not sure how well, or if that would work.
Old 06-10-2003, 07:21 PM
Tech Regular

ive seen people use a dremel to drill body holes, clean up wheel openings, for gas cars and trucks-holes for screwdrivers to get to the needles on the carbs, and for openings that would normaly have 90 deg. corners to round them off so they wont crack. but never seen some one totaly cut a body out with it

so basicaly two bits 1 sanding drum and 1 drill bit i think 1/4" not too sure about that size

i acutaly use my dremel to break in my electric motors the most out of anything