Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
Hobbico Mask & Compressor Questions >

Hobbico Mask & Compressor Questions

Hobbico Mask & Compressor Questions

Old 06-03-2003, 06:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hobbico Mask & Compressor Questions

Picked up a jar of Hobbico liquid mask. The jar says to airbrush on the body but it sounds like everyone is just brushing this stuff on correct? Do I need to let each coat dry before added the next coat?

Compressor: I've got a small airbrush compressor (Badger or Paasche can't remember) but it doesn't put out very high PSI. I was thinking of using my large compressor that I run air tools off of and make a connector between the large hose and the air brush hose. Will this be OK?

Thought I should mention my brush is a Aztek A470.

Ned

Last edited by ned911; 06-03-2003 at 09:55 AM.
Old 06-03-2003, 11:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Hobbico Mask & Compressor Questions

Originally posted by ned911
Compressor: I've got a small airbrush compressor (Badger or Paasche can't remember) but it doesn't put out very high PSI. I was thinking of using my large compressor that I run air tools off of and make a connector between the large hose and the air brush hose. Will this be OK?
[/B]
I use my Porter-Cable compressor just fine. As long as you have a regulator and a moisture trap on it you should be good to go.

Fade
Old 06-03-2003, 11:56 AM
Tech Regular

I sprayed the Bob Divley liquid mask I got. It sprayed ok at 50psi but I did have to do 3 or 4 coats. I just hit it with a hair dryer between coats and let it sit overnight. It dries fast but needs hours to cure.
Old 06-03-2003, 02:55 PM
Tech Regular

I wouldn't bother to spray it on with a standard airbrush. It's very thick and can easily dry in your airbrush, making it a nightmare to clean. Just brush it on with a paint brush in 4 thick coats. Between spraying it and cleaning your airbrush, it's faster to brush it on. Yes let each coat dry (it turns clearish blue) before moving on to the next coat. I set mine by a window and it's dried and cured in about an hour.