Faskolor Questions

Old 06-01-2003, 08:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Faskolor Questions

Guys,

I have just purchased a badger brush not sure of the model but its a syphon feed brush. I have read earlier that its good to keep the flow of Faskolor heavy for certain airbrushes at about 30 - 50 psi. Will this be the same for the badger?

Im finding with my old airbrush that the flow was inconsistant and splatting in certain parts. I used water to thin it out (Which some people suggested) Is this not advised also?

Also, i want to use spazstix chrome to give a nice line between the faskolor colours is this ok or will it not work?

Any help would be good.

Duuurge
Old 06-02-2003, 07:25 AM
Tech Adept

My Paasche VL siphon brush needed around 45 psi to adequately spary the paint. I also used a #5 high flow needle and nozzle. I would imagine the Badger will work the same. The chrome paint will work fine, just back it out with Fasblack after it thoroughly dries.

Check out Haunted Myst's article on painting with chrome paints, its the best out there on these paints, or any lexan painting for that matter.

Kevin
Old 06-02-2003, 04:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanx dude,

i was just wondering if it was ok to spray the faskolor and spazstix in one paint job, dont know if anyone has done it? I have heard that the laquer paint will pull the faskolor off the lexan? Is this true?

Duuurge
Old 06-03-2003, 12:03 AM
Tech Regular

Durge,

Yes its ok to spray them both in one job. Yes it can pull the fascolor off lexan, particularly if the fascolor isn't dry. I've found its an odd paradim, the fascolor looks dry faster, but the lacquers actually cure faster. Fascolors need a day or so of drying to become cured. I try to spray as much of the fascolor as I can before I spray the lacquers, particularly the chrome. The lacquers will soften the acrylics but if you leave them alone and let them dry, everything becomes rock hard again.