Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
Bright Idea for Curing Paint and LM >

Bright Idea for Curing Paint and LM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bright Idea for Curing Paint and LM

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 02:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Bright Idea for Curing Paint and LM

A few months ago I had a dilema . . .

How can I hasten the curing of my paint and LM?
Upn presenting this to my bud McGoo, he shared he uses a couple space heaters with fans that he sets his bodies in front of to quicken the process.
As I didn't have two space heaters sitting around, I kept thinking of ways get the job done. The idea came to me one night after dinner. I had used the oven earlier and had forgotten to turn the light off. I opened the oven door to see how hot it was inside (the oven had been off for several hopurs by this point) and found it to be very warm, but not hot.

So I ran and got my temp gun and temped it . . .about 90 F.

So I ahve been testing it over the last few months with several bodies I have painted and have found that it works wonderfully!

Just set the body upside down and use a pan or something if you oven has that gross black stuff on it.

Just thought I'd share
Old 06-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Tech Adept

Cool

i likr to ude my heat gun. hold it flat, keep it about 10" away. the heat builds up quickly. do this till it dries. i use acrylic.

nitro duck
Old 06-08-2007, 12:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yea I would prefer a hiardryer or heat gun to sticking my body in the oven. With The liquid mask though I usually let it dry overnight beacause it sems to bond better if left to dry on its own.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

When paint dried it usually gives off some fumes and VOC and I wouldn't want these to stick to the inside of the oven.