R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography

Old 01-19-2007, 04:02 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default repainting a body

I recently purchased a car and would like to repaint the body. The body was painted a solid color on the inside. Is there any way to remove the paint and start over?
Is it the practice of most painters to paint the inside of the body instead of the outside?
Would it be better to purchase a new body and start from scratch?
highflyin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 04:13 PM   #2
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

i have herd guys using nitro fuel or non acetone finger nail polish remover try a small spot first like the wing
Old 01-19-2007, 05:09 PM   #3
Tech Adept

you will get better results and easier to just buy a new body... But if you want to give this a try it works ok(i did this to fix a body that I messed up while painting) but the plastic seems to get britle faster. Soak the body with brake fluid for a while the paint peels right off. the clear lexan gets hazy and a little bit more britle. And brake fluid is nasty stuff to work with...

Cheers,
MG
monstergecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 05:47 PM   #4
Tech Initiate

Practice and try painting the outside. You may be suprised.
calvin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 04:43 PM   #5
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin3
Practice and try painting the outside. You may be suprised.
I have tried it. Two colors - green and black. I use with some fine sand papers before spray. But so far not all color will stays intact. My shines green paint part peeling off after few run - when being scratch by other cars but my flat black color part stays.
Ian75rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 05:41 PM   #6
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kcdzim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian75rc
I have tried it. Two colors - green and black. I use with some fine sand papers before spray. But so far not all color will stays intact. My shines green paint part peeling off after few run - when being scratch by other cars but my flat black color part stays.
What kind of paint are you using? It shouldn't necessarily peel. It should get scratched and worn off though, which is why you specifically don't paint the outside and instead paint the inside of lexan bodies.
Kcdzim is offline   Reply With Quote