R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography (https://www.rctech.net/forum/painting-designs-graphics-photography-59/)
-   -   Your Custom Paintjobs (https://www.rctech.net/forum/painting-designs-graphics-photography/1407-your-custom-paintjobs.html)

LouisB 05-03-2003 03:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm trying to decide on a race scheme for my cars. I still haven't got an airbrush but I'm thinking Iwata Eclipse. The only problem is I can't get them over here so i'd have to order from the US. The other option is a Parma F1, any opinions?

I haven't found any suitable liquid mask locally so I'm experimenting with different tapes, the one on the roof didn't work at all well.

AQuionIV 05-03-2003 05:38 PM

hahah.. funny mr. Myst=P

Ain't it funny how HauntedMyst calls that paint scheme simple? :D. Hey Haunted.. care to share a demonstration on what you would call a not so simple racing scheme? heheh. I'm too scared to ask, but dayam.. that's one sweet job.

I got a question.. Would it be safe to spray Laquer based Auto Paint through an airbrush? I wanna try to do a paintscheme that I did on my RC, and put it on my real car. I want to use my friend's airbrush.. would it be ok? or would I hafta pay him for messin up his brush? thanks

HauntedMyst 05-03-2003 08:42 PM

Thanks for the compliments. I can't share a picture demo since I don't have another one to paint, but I can walk you through it.

1. Mask off the entire body with liquid mask. It's the easy way since you need to use the lines in the body.
2. When the liquid mask is dry, get a sharp hobby knive and cit the top line out (between the red and the checkers). This is easy because their is a natural valley in the molding for your knife to follow. When you get to the wheel well, the knife will naturally fade into the wells. Cut lightly since you only want to cut the liquid mask, not the body. Follow the natural line around the back of the body.
3. Peel up the red area and spray it in your choice of color, then back it. It's done. If you choose something light, back it with white and silver to stop the black from bleeding through.
4. At the bottom of the checkers, there is another natural valley for your knife to follow for most of that cut. Just go slow and carry the straight line out to the wheel wells.
5. Take a ruler and make one cut midway between the two valleys. I did it on a slight angle.
6. Take your ruler and make four angled cuts between the valleys. If you are worried about symetry, use the ruler width as your guidelines.
7. Peel up the black checker area and spray it in black in 2 to 3 coats. (I'd actually recommend grey or silver to show off the vents better).
8. Peel up the white sections once the black is dry and paint the white checkers in 2 to 3 coats. Don't forget to paint the wing white while you have the paint out.
9. Peel up the last two lower strips of mask and paint them silver (unless you painted the checkers white and silver, then paint this area black or gold.
10 Take the precut stickers and slap them on your car.

Your done! It's a very easy to do paint scheme with an airbrush or cans as long as you go slow and gentle with the hobby knife. I did this in about 2 hours total time after masking.

As far as the auto paints go, you shouldn't have any problems with them as long as they are thinned properly and you clean the brush with lacquer thinner when you are done.

StephenSobottka 05-04-2003 05:53 AM

Punisher- I love the body dude!! BRIGHT COLORS=GOOD keep em coming like that;)

StephenSobottka 05-04-2003 02:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This was my modified body for my car at the NORRCA nats.

Brian McGreevy 05-04-2003 03:16 PM

that ^^^^ is the ultimate statement of bright. Seeing it in real life is a totally different thing lol, it hurts your eyes :cry: :weird: :ha:

Calvin Ng 05-04-2003 03:31 PM

Originally posted by sonneteer
ooooops here they are I hope!!!
that is a nice body
the alfa

this might be a stupid question but how do you divide the lines?????

i never used/seen a airbrush before and was wondering if you fill it with paint or do you attach something to the can or something????

Calvin Ng 05-04-2003 03:33 PM

Originally posted by Jack Smash
And another
nice body any trix on how to do it

originaly stratus's look like CRAP but with really good looking paint jobs they look sweet

charlie_b 05-05-2003 03:56 AM

Here's one with the RCX Spokesmodel Becky and CIndy from the Kyosho booth!
http://socal.rcracing.com/Images//RCXshow.jpg

HauntedMyst 05-05-2003 08:32 AM

you dog!

rowdyrj 05-05-2003 09:57 AM

Nothing fancy just a simple paint job for Oval racing.

rowdyrj 05-05-2003 09:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by rowdyrj
Nothing fancy just a simple paint job for Oval racing.

LouisB 05-05-2003 10:12 AM

Originally posted by HauntedMyst
you dog!
yep:nod: :lol:

Nice colour rowdyrj:)

eeyan 05-05-2003 11:32 AM

Hey Charlie!!!

Thanks for all the help at the Concours R/C booth throughout the event mannn!!! Appreciate the awesome paintjob you did for me... dang, our booth attracted a lot of people... more than the real cars! Can't wait to collaborate with you guys again... no competition, just pure r/c fun!!! Hehehe... should I post the one I have of the 3 proline ladies or are you going to beat me in posting it again? Ouch!!! Miss Becky is just just... hayyyy... hehehe... the wife is looking... LOL!

Ian A.
Concours R/C Rep.

Koya Dale.com 05-06-2003 09:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here are some reposted pics